What grid sand paper for spot rust?

Dannymik

I have a few spots on my Cutlass that has surface rust and want to clean it up. Can you help me out with the grid of sand paper recommended to use? Any other ideas on surface rust repair would help :) . Thank You

w-body.jpg

The thing about rust, is that's it's like Cancer (unfortunatly).

You MUST get rid of it all to prevent any coming back.

As for touch ups, you a body grinder or 60 - 150 grit sandpaper to remove and roughen metal.

You need to get down to bare metal before any primer / paint can go on.

Best of luck! Where are the spots?

- Erik

The rust is on both doors very close to the rear view mirrors. Its where the bottom part on a vent visor is for your windows. Then there is 2 finger nail spots that are very, very minor. Then again they will get worst here during the next Buffalo winter.

w-body.jpg

if its just a rust stain, like theres a rust spot and then water runs down from the rust spot and makes a rust stain on the paint, you can use the scotch brite side of a sponge and simple green, spray the simple green the sponge and on the paint and rub gently till there is no more rust stain on the paint, but that wont work for rust thats through the paint