two problems on the gtp

swift13

Problem one is my TCS i dont think works i hit the button and nothing happens, it doesnt say off or when i spin or slide i dont see the light come on. any suggestions???

Problem two is every time i pull in after a 10 min. plus drive i smell oil burning or something. i dont have to put any oil in over time or anything and i dont have an oil light coming on. so im not sure whats going on.

come spring is wheni will most likely take a look at everything and some other stuff but i just wanted to get som opinions from the W-X-Perts. TIA

Problem one is my TCS i dont think works i hit the button and nothing happens, it doesnt say off or when i spin or slide i dont see the light come on. any suggestions???

Problem two is every time i pull in after a 10 min. plus drive i smell oil burning or something. i dont have to put any oil in over time or anything and i dont have an oil light coming on. so im not sure whats going on.

come spring is wheni will most likely take a look at everything and some other stuff but i just wanted to get som opinions from the W-X-Perts. TIA

I'm not sure whats up w/ yer traction control........cause yer GTP is a 98......wich i believe has a different TCS from the 99-03's......as for the smell of oil after being parked....Valve Cover Gaskets most likely. They might be seeping just enough oil onto the exhaust mani's...and accumulating onto the heat shields (GM has a recall out on the front valve cover gasket for the L-67 motors) But that's most likely what you are smelling. One way to tell.......pop your hood rite after you park it......and see if theres smoke coming from yer exhaust manifolds......if so.....its time to replace the valve cover gaskets.......(probably wouldnt b a bad idea to have them replaced anyways cause they will go eventually especially if you have higher mileage) My valve cover gaskets on my GTP are barely damp around them...........not enuf to seep onto the headers......i checked the stock mani's when i did my headers and didnt see any oil residue on them.

cool i will have to check that out and add it to the list of things to do come free time or spring.

and as far as my tcs goes i cant even find any fuse or relay or anything for it to see if maybe that is bad.

whats the diff. between 98 and 99-03

I'm not sure what the 98's have....but the 99-03's have it controlled by the fuel system......when it senses you are breaking traction it shuts the fuel down in small incriments.......the 98's i believe its thru the ABS. Don't quote me on that......but if i remember correctly thats how the 2 are different........if anyone knows that im wrong on this please correct me.