folding rear seats

dirt_igirt

does any w body have a folding 60 40 rear bench or 50 50 rear bench tha would swap into a 1991 grand prix i am just wondering do i can carry more than one snowboard at a time

I pulled a setup out of a 91 international and when i did my interior swap i grabbd everything possible for the provision to swap into mine :mrgreen:. It came out good too. Should be the same for yours, Just good luch on finding a set lol i didnt even know it was an option till i came across one one day.

I actually have a few pics posted in my info for my car on this site

yah, any w-body from 88-96 will work....

or a monte til what 98?

the montes had the complete fold down, so that would be your best bet. idk if they came in anything besides leather though.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the GPs have anything behind the rear seat?

Seems like my Lumina has a metal plate from one strut tower to the other. There is a cut out in it for a pass thru in the middle, but everywhere else is solid steel.

Seems like my Lumina has a metal plate from one strut tower to the other. There is a cut out in it for a pass thru in the middle, but everywhere else is solid steel.

If you open the trunk, you should be able to see whats behind the seat.

Tom

yah, any w-body from 88-96 will work....

or a monte til what 98?

the montes had the complete fold down, so that would be your best bet. idk if they came in anything besides leather though.

MC 95-99 cloth or leather

If you open the trunk, you should be able to see whats behind the seat.

Tom

I think he asked cos he doesnt have a GP to reference. I know what hes talking about with the metal thing. It would be good to know if there is the same type thing on other cars.

My guess is that if you were to swap a folding rear seat into there that you'd have to do some cutting of the metal if not total removal. It would still be good to see what a GP looks like back there

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is WIN.

Thanks guys, I've always wanted to know what split/folding seats I could swap into mine. I think I'd be happier with rear buckets and keeping the pass-through though, since my car has the pass-through and not the open trunk option. :(