modified rocker arms for 3100??

carl

i dont Ive heard any aftermarket rockers for the 3x00. I do know that they are roller rockers and roller lifters.

1.75, 1.8, and 1.9 rockers are available for the 3800, but it is a 90 degree V6, a completely different engine. None of the parts are compatible. I have been trying to find someone who produces higher ratio rocker arms for the 3.1 or 3100 but nobody does that I can find.

I guess for the 3.1 i believe you can use rockers from the mid 80s 2.8L engine. i dont remember who but someone on here did it to his grand prix. for the 2.8 from the S10's i guess there was an upgrade to add better perf for the truck engine.

either way i just remember reading that he did it. man they need to have a wide range of perf parts for V6's like they do for V8's. I hate not owning a V8 anymore.

i think you can use stock 1.6 roller rockers on a 3.1 head. I think you have to machine a groove in the head for the rocker pedistial. A regular steel rocker is 1.5 right?

W3rd, the pushrods were constantly rubbing the inside of the "U" in fork on each end of the guideplate, causing a vibration, that eventually broke the fork off, causin a rocker to hit a retainer. Also, they were prolly maxing out my stock injectors. They were really loud with the 1.6s on, now they are back to quiet. Just a heads up, dont put these on unless you want to make custom guideplates. You'll need them, or atleast I did. I also think the roller tip (where it hits the valve) may have had something to do with it. I think the stock 1.6 rollers came in 2000?+ 3400s. So, those should screw right into a Gen II head

Robby

W3rd, the pushrods were constantly rubbing the inside of the "U" in fork on each end of the guideplate, causing a vibration, that eventually broke the fork off, causin a rocker to hit a retainer. Also, they were prolly maxing out my stock injectors. They were really loud with the 1.6s on, now they are back to quiet. Just a heads up, dont put these on unless you want to make custom guideplates. You'll need them, or atleast I did. I also think the roller tip (where it hits the valve) may have had something to do with it. I think the stock 1.6 rollers came in 2000?+ 3400s. So, those should screw right into a Gen II head

Robby

bout time you chined in i hate giving wrong info :lol: :lol:

hmm im kind of confused. Does a 3100 use a roller rocker and a steel rocker. I thought all 3100 and 3400 used rollers that were 1.6:1??? So no one has tried to use a 3100 roller rocker on a 3.1 head?

You have to machine the head to put 3100 rockers on a 2.8/3.1. Its not gonna max your injectors out! Yeah, 3 hp just pushed them too far...

Okay, mabybe max out was the wrong terminology, but the slight ticking was considerably louder with the 1.6s in. You know what, I dont want to argue the effectiveness of the 1.6s. Cuz, in all honestly, I dont care what you or anyone else thinks they did or didnt do. I loved them when I had them in, simple as that, and thats all that matters

Robby