Head Room

oldscsc

How Much Head Room Do You Have In Your W-Body?  

1. 1. How Much Head Room Do You Have In Your W-Body?

My head rubs the ceiling in almost any car I sit in

Sounds like me... the only difference is I'm 6 feet even.

how is that possible at 6' tall ??? I am taller then you and have NEVER had an issue.....Unless you have the seat back straight up and down and sit on a booster seat.

how is that possible at 6' tall ??? I am taller then you and have NEVER had an issue.....Unless you have the seat back straight up and down and sit on a booster seat.

Short legs for my height, so the seat is much farther forward than you'd expect for someone of my height.

Just wondering out of curiosity. Am I right in assuming the convertible's have less head room than the coupes?

If you open the top, the convertible has unlimited headroom.

Just wondering out of curiosity. Am I right in assuming the convertible's have less head room than the coupes?

If you open the top, the convertible has unlimited headroom.

FTW :high5: :mrgreen:

My friend's dad is like that too with short legs and longer upper section so he has head room issues in most cars too.

I find my Lumina has the second worst headroom. My RX-7 would be the worst for headroom. I have the seat reclined back quite a bit (also makes it easier to get in and out with the bolster and the lack of tilt steering lol.

TSX has the best head room so far - Millenia was decent too after I figured out that both front seats were jacked up all the way they would go when I bought the car lol.

My head rubs the ceiling in almost any car I sit in

Sounds like me... the only difference is I'm 6 feet even.

My dad and I have heights that are within 1/8th of an inch, I'm a tad taller.

When we're sitting in a car with the same seats, he'll sit just about 1" or more taller.

Here's the good news for you spiderw31, your head might rub on most car roofs, but there's also some cardiac stats too:

For each inch that your torso height is out vs. your leg length (torso being longer than normal) your chances of heart attack or stroke double . . . . . just wait, that's not good news. Apparently short legs really do suck.

(The bit about the heart problems . . . . unfortunately is statistical fact)

For each inch that your torso height is out vs. your leg length (torso being longer than normal) your chances of heart attack or stroke double . . . . . just wait, that's not good news. Apparently short legs really do suck.

Meh... My family has a history of heart issues, so I'm screwed on that front anyways :lol:

Just need to keep myself in decent shape, take car of myself, and make the best of it!

Meh... My family has a history of heart issues, so I'm screwed on that front anyways :lol:

Just need to keep myself in decent shape, take car of myself, and make the best of it!

Thanks for not taking that personally.

I would imagine that the family is the same way (shorter legs, longer torso).

I'm 6'3". When I had my 5-speed Z I had my head almost to the roof (seets leaned back) Went over a "bump" (crown in road) and nearly gave my self a concussion. My GTP (moon roof) has a pinky size space between my head and the roof BTW my ear is aline with the black pillar on the door.