No More VATS!!

BXX

Well, I was on the HP Tuners boards quite a bit lately because since my LA1 top swap, it desperately needs to be retuned, this time I will be getting a wideband and running it through my EGR signal wire to the PCM (easy to log that way and wire up) and doing Open Loop MAF tuning, should definately help it.

Every since I got the HP Tuner setup, i've always wondered if there was a way to disable the VATS through the PCM itself. Sure enough, there is. Good thing, my VATS module is taking a shit. I'm constantly not able to start my fricken car and its not the key or lock cylinder.

How simple is it? Couldnt be simpler

1. Set the VATS value to "PWM"

2. Set DTC P1626 to "3 - No Error Reported"

3. Set DTC P1629 to "3 - No Error Reported"

Once i'm down at my buddies in Mansfield (he currently has the tuner with him) im gonna do a reflash to solve this problem once and for all..

Ive got a new tune ready to go as it is right now, mainly based of the LA1 tune, but with my ignition timing maps and trans settings. Should be better that what I currently have. I cant wait to get the wideband and start OL MAF tuning :mrgreen:

As they say, its all in the tune :wink:

You never noticed the big VATS tab in HPTuners? :lol:

I did, but it only selects between PWM and Serial.. That alone wont disable it.. I just never saw the anti-theft in the DTC list or how to completely diable it properly :lol: