well i think i'm screwed

Biohazed

ok well I think my 95 Grand Prix is a lost cause.....

i just did the tie rod ends on it yesterday and afterwards put it up on the alignment rack at work..... as i did my calibration and the adjustments came up on the screen everything was red .. Caster, camber and toe .. after an hour of trying to adjust it I relized my chassis is tweaked looks like it got hit on the front passenger side worse than I orginally thought and there iss no way i can get the caster and camber into spec ..so now i'm contimplating on what to do ... if anyone has any ideas I would be very happy if but I'm gonna have to start looking for a new car which I really REALLY can't afford atm

If you can get your tow okay then i wouldn't worry too much about it. My tow was like this: "\ /" for a while and boy did that scrub off the tires, cause wonky handling and super shit fuel economy.

Just get the camber and caster as close as possible, you be fine.

If you can get your tow okay then i wouldn't worry too much about it.

TOE is the most major adjustment he has to worry about, why would he not have to worry about it?

Can you get your TOE into alignment? I wouldn't worry much about caster as bigalwalker said. Are your tires and struts good?

TOE is the most major adjustment he has to worry about, why would he not have to worry about it?

Can you get your TOE into alignment? I wouldn't worry much about caster as bigalwalker said. Are your tires and struts good?

You can get a bad pull by having too much cross camber and/or cross caster. I have the same issue.

Look at your subframe man, near the rear right bushing there is an alignment hole. Odds are, it doesnt match up with the one on the body.

Jack up the body, loosen the subframe bolts a couple turns, pry the hell outta the subframe to get it into position (your current specs will tell you the direction you need to shift it) and bolt it down and recheck the alignment. At least get caster into spec, then adjust camber by wallowing out the strut towers unless you got it by the cradle shift.

Its pretty hard to tweek our heavy tanks, but the cradle is easily shifted by an accident. Bad cradle bushings will also cause it. My front ones are really bad and cause the front of the cradle to shift a bit. Sometimes I have a hard pull, other times it drives straight as an arrow :lol: :willynilly:

By shifting your cradle, you should be able to get 1.5-2.5* of change in caster and camber.

Whats the specs you got, including SAI and Included Angle??

Did you misread my reply, or are you just taking me to task because i spelled toe wrong? I already told him if his toe was alright then not to worry about it.

Did you misread my reply, or are you just taking me to task because i spelled toe wrong? I already told him if his toe was alright then not to worry about it.

Umm....both? :lol: I swear up and down you said "can't" get your toe okay, but obviously i misread. I'm a fool. Don't pay attention to me.

Toe is the most important because it has the biggest effect on tire wear... Caster is only your strut angle and that has no affect on tire wear and isnt really important unless the car is being treated like a race car... Cambers importance is in the middle of the two... If camber and cross camber are close, your ok, just rotate your tires a little more often... But remember what I said before... Moving the subframe around will help alot

I don't know much about alignment's but run a carfax on your car if you really think it's been wrecked. I do agree with everyone else it's probably your cradle before it's your actual uni-body.

well i know its been hit ... i knew it when i got the car but the damage seemed to be limited to the lower valance but when underneath it you can see were it hit the subframe. Also there's a few spot were you can see the B4U doesn't sit right probably form the shift... I'm actually thinking of selling it and buying a Caprice from a guy at work which I'm kinda bummed to do as I love that body style GP. but I'll get another one by the end of next year lol

as for the Toe question that is almost perfectly in spec right now the rear tow was already in spec but I'm still screwing up tires on it My Drivers side Tire is getting excessive wear on the outer edge of the tire ...