Im gettin so Fu*#in irritated!

GPKidd_4_Life

Ok i made a post about a month ago about me trying to put a power trunk release in my GP. Well i went to buy the actuator yesterday and got it all installed, got the button put in the glove box. The button part was prewired but it isnt prewired to the actuator. So i just ran a regular wire to the actuator but when i have them connected, the lock pops the trunk but it just keeps going and going and going. It wont stop. What is the issue? Am i missing something? PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

I do have the 12 volts going constantly to the actuator. I tested it with a test light. But the way i have it wired is i spliced open the green/black wire(hot wire) and sent a wire thru the trunk to the actuator. I think the switch is good. I got it from a J/Y GP. So maybe its not wired correctly?????s

I do have the 12 volts going constantly to the actuator. I tested it with a test light. But the way i have it wired is i spliced open the green/black wire(hot wire) and sent a wire thru the trunk to the actuator. I think the switch is good. I got it from a J/Y GP. So maybe its not wired correctly?????s

ok i'd splice into the black wire because thats the only wire going to the actuator, and it's not hot until you push the button, and the fact that the green and black wire is constantly hot, which would pop the trunk constantly just like yours is. In other words you don't want your actuator hot until you press the button

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whooooooooooo LOL i just had the wires mixed up. I had the green/black wire as the hot wire(running to a constant fuse) and the black wire was running to the actuator but i had to just swap them and make the black wire run to a constant fuse and make the green/black wire run from the button to the actuator. It all works now and the trunk pops nicely. I just have to readjust the trunk latch because i have to basically slam the trunk to get it to latch on when before i could just lightly let it down and it would latch. But i got the hard part out the way! LOL :mrgreen: