how do you get to the window motors

jake91

i have a 94 cutlass vert, and the rear windows dont work. i was wondering how do you take the panels, or whatever they are called off. so you can access the window motors. also if i change out the motors do i have to use ones from another verts rear windows, or will any motor work. such as a front window motor

thanks

Jake

First is to put the top down and take out the 8 philips screws to the top trim. Before you can remove the bottom part, the dome light lens will need to be taken off - 3 small philips screws.

Then remove the coat hooks. One philips screw each.

There's a long philips screw under the ashtray and towards the front of the car.

Take out the phillips screw holding down the trim that runs to the front of the car and lift up the trim slightly.

If the panels have never been removed, there's a bracket riveted to the inside...I usually just take a small flathead and pop the rivets apart. They break easily and don't damage the panel or the metal it's riveted to.

They they will come out...There's some plastic push-ins that are in the section that goes towards the top of the car.

Unhook the window switch and speakers and they can be removed from the car.

Here is apparently what fits:

BERETTA 87-96 R

CHEVROLET 2500 PICKUP 99-00 rear, R

CHEVROLET 3500 PICKUP 92-00 rear, R

CORSICA 87-96 front, L

CUTLASS 92-95 2 Dr, quarter, R

EIGHTY EIGHT 90-91 front, Cpe, R

ESCALADE 99-00 rear, R

GMC 2500 PICKUP 99-00 rear, R

GMC 3500 PICKUP 92-00 rear, R

LESABRE 90 Sdn, front, 2 Dr, R

LESABRE 91 front, 2 Dr, R

SUBURBAN 1500 92-99 rear, R

SUBURBAN 2500 92-99 rear, R

TAHOE 95-99 rear, R

TAHOE 00 rear, ClassicsStyle, R

TEMPEST 87-91 front, L

YUKON 95-99 rear, R

YUKON 00 rear, Denali, R

I have zipties holding up both the rear windows in the 92. the motors were acting up, so I pulled them and never gota around to solving the issue. but I do have two sets of other motors i got from two j/y verts that I also never tried....