polished intake plenum *PICS*

phantomFE3

i read somewheres that someone was going to try to polish their intake plenum? well i was at the auto parts store yesterday and picked up a fine 1 1/4 inch wire wheel for like 4 bucks and took it to 'er. here are some pics

Mvc-008f.jpg

Mvc-007f.jpg

Mvc-009f.jpg

Yeah thats what I did, I painted the lettering and all of the rectangles red, it looks pretty sweet. I have a lot of red stuff under the hood, I have to get pics of it, I have to get pics of my whole car. I'll see if I can do that tomorrow..

i thought you meant you polished for performance, like the ports :roll:

anwyay, about the lettering, my friends 1992 beretta, 3.1 3-speed, he did it. looks good:

2-1-3.jpg?i=1042878270

2-1-1.jpg?i=1042878206

its hard to see cuz of camera angle and light, cuz i really was trying to get his intake, but there ya go. i personally liek the 3.4's fuel rail cover that says "Twin Dual Cam V6"

Aaron, you should polish your plenum and valve covers while your motor is out, thats what I did, just took my time, wasn't a bitch if you draw it out. It looks fuckin awesome too.

you tell me that, but id have to see it in person. cuz i kinda like the flatter look of the stock ones, i really odnt know, but i like mine the way they are i htink. hey if your ever up here or near here rome, email me so i can meet ya, id like to see/drive/ride in your car. see if it can beat mine up where the real men race!

see if it can beat mine up where the real men race!

not everything is a race, my friend ;)

anyway.... that polish looks pretty sharp on a 3.1.... *ponders his Z34*

Aaron ....bowtiekid / FFP stopped by my house with his polished 3.4 in his lumina.....AWESOME looking! Am ploishing the raised portions on my 3.1 TGP, think I am going to paint the other parts black...

Aaron....what is taht intake made out of (not on your car, on the Berrata)...just the bends look amazing, espc. when still in the engine bay.

Jon

PS - YESS!!! Jeff Gordon is behind the wall at bristol!!!! WHIPPPPEEE

that intake is the most fuked up thing ever. hes gay. he said im gonna buy this intake cuz it looks like it will fit my car. i said no and your gay and stupid. well he got it, it is off an early 1990s CRX SI. IT FIT PERFECT. bent right around the radiator, and then dipped down into the air dam. it helped a lot, looks real cool too. i was so pissed. its like, wtf? an aluminum Mandrel bent CAI, powdercoated silver, for 150$ and it fit perfect :x

get a small engine enamel spray can from NAPA(3$) in the color you want(semigloss ford black probly), and then sand it, tape it, and paint it. it will look good and will never come off.

Hey looks like you worked your but off to get that intake to shine like that. I like it,looks good. What about painting it red where it was black and leaving the 3.1 looking polished?