getting the flood stuff fixed

patgizz

little by little anyway.

engine is back together after pulling quite a bit of it apart and checking for water, oil pan back on and full of clean oil. trans has new fluid and filter. took this time to add the summit combo oil/tranny fluid cooler and remote mount filter. gave me the opportunity to add a 2qt truck filter for EXTRA filtering and oil capacity, now it takes roughly 9 quarts of oil.

starter is bad(it was underwater), alternator probably is dead, which sucks horribly. since it was a week old when the flood happened. seats are all dry and cleaned. carpet has to come out and get thrown away and replaced. hopefully get it back running this weekend, and get my hood, trunklid, spoiler, grille, and bumpers replaced with the z34 parts i have when i can afford some paint to shoot them.

i havent driven the car for over 2 months now, itching to get back behind the wheel and play with the 3.4 before i have to put it away for winter(i dont drive it cause of the road salt).

heres a couple pics of the engine back together, the oil cooler(monster) in front of the condenser, and the 2qt filter. i can now change the oil filter from the top :)

oilcooler3.JPG

oilcooler2.JPG

yeah it was sold with a deposit, then the flood happened, gave the guy his $ back because he didnt want a car with water in the engine???

basically it made me realize what a dumb idea it was to sell such a nice clean rust free car just to go back to a gas guzzling caprice.