MY AC WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GPdriver1986

I refilled and converted my AC using a kit I bought from Wal Mart. Everything works great!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ICE COLD A\C)I put two big cans of refrigerant about 24 oz +oil+leak sealer.

My A/C has been working fine since I recharged it, and it is so frikking cold you gotta turn it off after a while. Good stuff dude, you gotta love air conditioning.

No, I didn't. I'm not sure whether or not RedTek has a leak sealer built in. I have a very minor leak at one of the pressure nipples. My A/C refrigerant level was almost zero, I filled it up completely with RedTek. I know that RedTek does have a built in oil lubricant for the compressor but I'm not sure whether or not it has a leak sealer. Either way, I didn't use a separate leak sealer and it's been over a year since I fully recharged my A/C. It still works great, damn cold on these hot and humid days.

91 Gransport did you use a leak sealer?

No I didn't buy a new compressor. The conversion said you just need to have the R-12 freon evacuated out of system. It uses Ester oil so the r-12 oil does not mix and doesn't form into sludge.