stomp lamp fuse and wire question

oz37k

Hello All,

I woke up on Saturday and took my MC Z34 out for a drive everything was good until I stopped at the supermarket to get some things and came back, I noticed that my stop lamps were not working as well as my turn signals. I check my fuses and the following were blown, stop lamps, turn signal, hazard light fuses. I did a search on this issue and I noticed that some people that have GP's have had the same problem where the fuses are blown due to a wire under the dash has lost is insulation and is shorting out. The only thing I did do was add some clear front and rear bumper lights and added some blue lights, do any of you guys think this might be the problem? Please advise as I plan to fix this during Xmas vacation from work. At this moment I am in Harrodsburg, Ky on a business trip it won't get done until I return to LA on Friday.

Please help!

Turn Signal Switch is bad.

http://tss.likeabigdog.com/

Can a turn signal switch be really the cause. When I turn on my headlights the rear lights work but when I step on the brake the stop lamps do not brighten up. I changed all the fuses that were blown and tried stepped on the brake, I heard the stop lamps fuse get blown, then I truned on the signals and I heard the fuse also get blown so I tried the hazard signals and it also blew the fuse. I believe it has to to be with the brake switch wiring or something cause the turn signal works but blows the fuse when engaged. Please help!

Can a turn signal switch be really the cause. When I turn on my headlights the rear lights work but when I step on the brake the stop lamps do not brighten up. I changed all the fuses that were blown and tried stepped on the brake, I heard the stop lamps fuse get blown, then I truned on the signals and I heard the fuse also get blown so I tried the hazard signals and it also blew the fuse. I believe it has to to be with the brake switch wiring or something cause the turn signal works but blows the fuse when engaged. Please help!

TSS was replaced twice on my Monte before i got it, just because the brake lights didn't work.

TSS was replaced twice on my Monte before i got it, just because the brake lights didn't work.

What do you mean? did you find the wire that goes from the brake light switch that was grounding or did you change the TSS twice and found out that was the problem.

I still have my doubts that my TSS is the true problem, I read some posts about a wire that runs under the dash that over time loses its insulation and grounds out the brake light switch wire. Has anyone found out what really is the problem. I don't want to buy a TSS and find out that it was not the problem. Any other input.

the 2 tail light brake lights quit working (3rd still worked which ruled out brake switch) took it to a mechanic, he said it was a tss. Replaced it and worked fine for a while, then it failed again, so he replaced the tss for free, and now haven't had a problem since.

the 2 tail light brake lights quit working (3rd still worked which ruled out brake switch) took it to a mechanic, he said it was a tss. Replaced it and worked fine for a while, then it failed again, so he replaced the tss for free, and now haven't had a problem since.

I went out to check it my car and noticed that only 3rd brake light worked when I replaced the stop lamp fuse and put my left turn signal, after I took off the signal and placed it back and tried it again it blew the fuse again. Thanks for all your help. I will be ordering my TSS today.

Okay, I am confused, I searched autopartswarehouse.com and came up with 2 part numbers. I know one is for steering radio controls, mine is not equipped with this so I believe it is the cheaper one on the link below. Anybody who has done this please confirm that this is correct.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=1588+9535+4294965848+5987