Seat being recovered..suggestions plzz

98montels

So I have some bucket seats that came in the car I recently purchased, and I'm removing them and having them recovered to break the red up. The whole seat is solid red, and I'm doing black carpet and returning everything back to black but the seats ad a couple of trim pieces so if anyone had some pictures they have seen of nice red and black buckets lets see them. I am open to suggestion's on design's.

This is a possible sample, I would like to keep more red than these but can't seem to get a good picture to show the person recovering them, nor do I have a good idea of what would look best. LMK guys

0809270008.jpg

Pics of said car,and seat's will come in morning......thanks

Its his N* monte carlo (in his avatar)

I believe they are red racing seats

I came somewhat close to buying that car awhile ago, and I was going to have him put the stock seats back in haha.

Its his N* monte carlo (in his avatar)

I believe they are red racing seats

I came somewhat close to buying that car awhile ago, and I was going to have him put the stock seats back in haha.

the seats are nice and all and they add the damn its got racing seats. lol but I want to keep them an recover them.

What kind of car is it? I'd want to see photos of the actual interior in question before i give any advice, lol

The interior doesn't exist, its mostly in a pile in the garbage besides the seats. so....yea idk. Ill take a pic of the seats and put them up.

I know it sounds unoriginal but what about keeping the grey interior? They grey on the doors would be a good colour for the seats. Or maybe the lighter shade of the headliner. I think the seats stand out enough on their own and don't need bright colour inserts to look good. Can they be dyed using a durable no-transfer dye? Reupholstering sounds like and expensive undertaking!

yeah get some black on those doors. that is a lot of red

and i think black down the center is good with the red bolsters but i suggest to try and the stitching red in the black areas and black in the red areas for a little added detail

I know it sounds unoriginal but what about keeping the grey interior? They grey on the doors would be a good colour for the seats. Or maybe the lighter shade of the headliner. I think the seats stand out enough on their own and don't need bright colour inserts to look good. Can they be dyed using a durable no-transfer dye? Reupholstering sounds like and expensive undertaking!

Every last piece of the grey interior was painted black with dull paint, and well was ruined and cracked. The grey carpet was completely destroyed, so black carpet it is. The headliner isn't a headliner its just fabric tucked under the trim pieces and reall has no backing to it so idk what im gonna do about it. Thanks for the ideas

yeah get some black on those doors. that is a lot of red

and i think black down the center is good with the red bolsters but i suggest to try and the stitching red in the black areas and black in the red areas for a little added detail

Yes, this sounds like the plan. With the red stitching in the black areas. The doors are going back to the original black z-34 door skins with black leather stuff on it, then the woodgrain piece by the door handle will be red and thats all for the doors. The dash I will keep the woodgrain that is painted red already. There will be a total of 5 items with red accents on them when all done. Ill post pics.