just installed STB, some questions

godofthunder

ok, i just got finished with the STB.

My main question, is where the holes are drilled, and that bolt(s) shaped like this

|_|

Well, where that botom part goes BELOW the black metal, is it right that it now sits up a bit on that side (since the heads of those bolts are below, resting on the metal arround the Strut?) Is this right?

And for some reason, when i pop the hood, it jumps up a little faster, i guess under stress..is this bad? Its not really noticeable at all, just diff.

Jon

Yeah, where you drilled the holes in the strut tower cover thing, it should stick up on that side just a little. Mine does, and it has to, to allow for the U-shaped mounting studs. I've had no problems with hood clearance, but Dustin (RedCutlassSL) IM'ed me last night with questions about hood clearance. Maybe its a 3100 thing, I dont know. I cant see how if a 3.1L has no problem how a 3100 would. They are the same cars

Robby

ive got a 3100 and no clearance problems.

What do you consider just a little?

When i test fitted, i was worried, caus that thing sits like a milimeter above the Alt. But, after having it on, its aleast 1/4" high away from it.

jon

Yeah, I clear the alternator by like 1/2 an inch maybe. Never had a problem hitting the alternator. Oh, and I meant that the edge of the black cover that has the studs in it, should stick up like maybe a 1/4 inch above where it normall sat on the strut tower. Does that make sense?? Its hard to convey this through words only

Robby

I just got mine 2 days ago.

I have a question on how it goes on the car........To install it, the lock washers go on the the u-shaped bolts and then they go under the plate, correct? then the bar and nuts go on top of the plate. This is the way I undertood it when reading the other posts. :?:

I just got mine 2 days ago.

I have a question on how it goes on the car........To install it, the lock washers go on the the u-shaped bolts and then they go under the plate, correct? then the bar and nuts go on top of the plate. This is the way I undertood it when reading the other posts. :?:

Yeah, I think thats how it goes. Dumb me, put the lock washers above the plate, making it damn near impossible to remove the bar. Dont do that, Im just retarded. The lock washers do go UNDER the strut cover

Robby

haha

oops

I put the bolts through the plate, then, on top of the plate, put on the washers, then droped the bar down, then put on the nuts.

Thats what i found on some site i saw an instalation on

jon

haha

oops

I put the bolts through the plate, then, on top of the plate, put on the washers, then droped the bar down, then put on the nuts.

Thats what i found on some site i saw an instalation on

jon

If you ever go to take it off........good luck!!

Robby

heh.... I must be the only DOHC owner that doesn't have the EGR in the way, lol, my STB sits closer to the coil packs, than anything else... and it does put a 'lil bit of pressure on the hood, but not very much....