Power seat stops

oldscsc

i know this isnt helping, but how tall are you

Man... I was thinking the same thing! :lol:

Sorry olds, but I dunno what to tell you. Either you're really tall or maybe there is something stuck in the seat tracks?

I have the same problem in my 96. It definitely doesn't go back all of the way...because when comparing it to my 97 and my gf's 97, they go back way further...to the point where I have to move them forward to reach the pedals.

I took the seat out but found nothing in the track...so I'm in the same boat.

I'll go check the track real quick and see if I can find anything. I haven't been measured since my last doctor's appointment, which was probably a year and a half ago. I'd say around 6'2 or 6'3. Hold on...

Found some coins, a pencil, and a 3' keychain tape measure with a stiff rubber band stuck to it. It's amazing how much crap gets down there within the course of two months. The tape measure wasn't mine though, I haven't found that in over two years of detailing that thing. Nothing was jamming it up. It's still how it was though. I still feel it should go back further because just barely slouching my knees are still on the dash. I can't believe my legs are that much longer than anyone else's. I guess I'll take another look later...

I had issues like that with both my 89 regal and my cutlass. I'm 6'4 and my knees still would hit the dash on both cars with the seat all the way back.

That's kinda why I started this thread. I figured even if the seat was going all the way back I might be able to move or modify whatever stops them.

You'd need to put a different set of tracks in that would lower the seat to go futher back. My Lumina has fuck all for leg room in the front in comparison to most cars out there today. My TSX will back the frotn seat up almost to the edge of the rear seat bottom lol (no rear seat room but I RARELY have one than one passenger)

there are 4 bolts holding the seat down to the floor. the seat needs to be pushed all the way back to get the front bolts, and almost all the way forward to get the rear bolts.

if you push the seat all the way back and you cant access the front bolts holding it down then its not back all the way

there are 4 bolts holding the seat down to the floor. the seat needs to be pushed all the way back to get the front bolts, and almost all the way forward to get the rear bolts.

if you push the seat all the way back and you cant access the front bolts holding it down then its not back all the way

It must be all the way back because I can see the bolts very easily. I take it all you would have to do to change tracks is unbolt the old ones and bolt in the new ones? Or is it more complicated than that? What would I need to get the tracks out of?

It must be all the way back because I can see the bolts very easily. I take it all you would have to do to change tracks is unbolt the old ones and bolt in the new ones? Or is it more complicated than that? What would I need to get the tracks out of?

tkae the 4 bolts off, unclips the power seat connector adn remove the seat. flip the thing whichever way you prefer and find whatever bolts hold it on. then swap away. or maybe once the thing is out you can see what is actually jamming it if thats the case?

tkae the 4 bolts off, unclips the power seat connector adn remove the seat. flip the thing whichever way you prefer and find whatever bolts hold it on. then swap away. or maybe once the thing is out you can see what is actually jamming it if thats the case?

I think it's all the way back. I wonder what tracks I could use that would fix this problem...