Lookin into a new car..

91LuminaEuro

So this spring im hopefully going to be getting a new car and getting rid of the Lumina...just wanted to see what you guys thought because im lookin at a couple different Ideas..

-I was thinking about getting a 98 or newer Grand Prix (GTP would be a bonus but DEF. a 2 door)

-Also a 00-05 Monte Carlo

-Or a 00-05 Impala

What do you guys think? Any opinions? How do some of you GP and Monte owner's feel about your cars? I want something that looks nice, and is reliable, comfortable and rides nice. I also wouldn't buy anythign with more than 90-100k on it..

My mom had an 03 Impala and it was a nice car. Didn't have any problems at all except for a clunk in the steering which was the Intermediate Steering Shaft. This is going to be a problem you encounter on any newer w-body, though..and it's also a relatively easy fix. Other than that, they are all real good and within an obtainable price range.

I like my car, but mine's been so much of a lemon. If I didn't have a warranty with it I'd never buy another Grand Prix again. My dad has an 04 Impala LS and he loves it. It's real nice!

of those choices, I would get either a 98-03 GTP, an 04-05 Comp G, an 05-08 GXP, 05 MCSS, or an 05 Impala SS. That being said, I would lean towards the GPs as I find the MC/Impala interiors very plain/boring, especially the Impalas....

We just picked up a 06 Impala.. I think it looks better than the previous gens, but also feels more solid as well. Interior seems much more updated too obviously. Seats are even more comfortable with more room.

i love my gtp. with almost 200,000 it starts like its new and shifts with out a problem. Supercharger is a little loud but just needs a coupler.

Don’t get a 1997 if you do, you will experience the p/s rack and pinion problem like I have.

Other then that I LOVE my car!!!

i love my gtp. with almost 200,000 it starts like its new and shifts with out a problem. Supercharger is a little loud but just needs a coupler.

Don’t get a 1997 if you do, you will experience the p/s rack and pinion problem like I have.

Other then that I LOVE my car!!!

How loud is your coupler noise? The one on my 93 park ave is gettin real bad. when im idling I can hear it inside the car with the windows up if i dont have the radio on. Sound like marbles rolling around in a tin can lol.

I vote Monte... But if you decide that you would consider a 4 door GP, I would be willing to part with mine... has 82k on it... Never put a dime into it other than regular maintenance and get 30+ mpgs

if you are looking for a 2-door, you cant beat the 2000+ Monte for looks IMO. much better looking than the 2 door GP.

that is QFT!! I completely missed the part of the orignal post where he said two door.....

As for a second-gen the MC's/Impala's or an Intrigue. They will have the updated brakes and the best interiors.

The interior quality is actually very nice on the Impala/MC.

As for a second-gen the MC's/Impala's or an Intrigue. They will have the updated brakes and the best interiors.

The interior quality is actually very nice on the Impala/MC.

Quoted For trufe!

Thanks for all of the input guys! I would definately LOVE an SS monte, or a GTP. Im a college senior, and im starting Grad School next year, and ill have rent to pay for a house come next fall so im on a somewhat budge. So anything TOO new, is out of the question (like an 06-up Monte or Impala) However they are awesome.

Honestly, that would be a fantastic choice. I just dont have the time or energy to do so. With school and my other toys. My dad's got a 78 elcamino we're finishing up for pro mod drag racing, and then we're starting on a 68 GTO as a street/strip car. And i race demolition derbies in the summer.

I've got enough projects year round to keep me busy. Thats why i want to get rid of the lumina, its becoming a project as it gets older. I just want a fun, good looking DD.