pics of dual exhaust

sniperi311

i was wondering if anyone has pics of there dual exhaust on or around a 93 cutlass supreme sl, or something that would resemble the setup, like how your mufflers are hung and stuff like that, the muffler shops around here say that it cant be done, although i think that it can, any pics would help so i can print them out, thanx

Tell them you want the exhaust routed under the suspension like 94 and newer w-bodies and that you want it bent for a 94 or newer GP. They have the bend cards for them. On the rightside they can hange the muffler from the stock location at the bumper. On the left the can bolt up to several holes next to the bumper. The muffler will hang low enough not to be a problem for the fuel fill. To hang the pipes after the y-split they can add tabs to the little brackets that are on the lower part of the suspension. The part that is solid and doen't flex. It has two little 3 inch grooved tabs, each about 2 foot from center. They weld a rod to that and then the pipe. This is how the stock duals are attached.

I had planned on using these stock tabs but we ended up removing the center jackstand and bolting one hanger to plate hole. IE: one hanger in center for both muffler pipes.

Everything forward of the y-pipe was stock attachments. They cut the pipe welds from the tabs and rewelded to the same tabs. The hanger in the center of the car just after the cat. is a simple remove and replace deal.

Sniperi311...I PM'd you a bigger writeup on how mine was done.

If they said they couldn't do a dual set-up, I'd goto a better shop.

I think they're misinterpreting what he is saying.....when you say duals, they're probably thinking two independent pipes from the motor back(true duals :wink: )....which is kinda hard w/ a horizontally opposed 6 cyl and limited room to work with, it can and has been done though.

it can and has been done though.

i disagree. while pulling my motor, i noticed there is no room anywhere. as for headers that run below the motor, Jon had one helluva time with a sawzall thats for damned sure!!!

it can and has been done though.

i disagree. while pulling my motor, i noticed there is no room anywhere. as for headers that run below the motor, Jon had one helluva time with a sawzall thats for damned sure!!!

err, who said I was talking about the DOHC? I'm not sure if anyone has made true duals in a GP or other w-body(unless Jon did on his car...I really haven't followed that but know he ran a low 14 IIRC)......I was referring mainly to the 3.1, I belive someone w/ a cavalier or beretta had headers and true duals in their car, sure it would probably cause ground cleareance issues....but cars aren't made for off-roading anyways, just steer clear of those steep drives w/ dips/bumps in em......Also, by no means did I say "on a stock setup w/ little to no modifications you can do true duals." I'm fairly certain some kind of changes would need to be made....when I get my other motor back in the SE and get some headers(gonna try the 3X00 ones and maybe modify them if need be), I'll consider doing true duals....not sold on whether it would benefit my car more than having a stock style setup w/ the pipes conjoined in a y config. Anyways, I'm sleepy as hell and considering going to sleep early for once... :wink: