Possibly buying a 98 Century...

3pt1lumina

What should I look for on this? A lady came in today with a 98 Century with 19k with a 3100... yes 19k on it. She wants to get rid of it because the LIM's are seeping. $2500 seems to be the asking price...

The rockers, and underside are clean. All mechanical aspects are good as it passed inspection. LIM's are easy obviously. Anybody have any ideas what to look for on this car or thing's that always break? I'm not real familiar with Centurys because they don't interest me much, but if I can get this car cheap, it will be worth my while to sell it to my sister who needs a car and decided to not buy a new car.

Suggestions??

i know they are the most boring car on earth. other than that they have no more issues than any other w. one you redo the LIMs and general maintenance it should be set to roll

sometimes on those second gen regal/century the power windows will die. a few pins get burnt in the drivers door harness. prevent this by only putting ONE window up or down at a time, less load on the system since all the power runs through the drivers door first before going out to the rest of the doors.

thats all the more I can really think of.

They are so boring... but it seems to be the right price for the mileage. Plus my sister doesn't care what she drives anyways...whatever she gets she will drive into the ground.