3400 parts on a w-body

jimmyfloyd

I am wondering what parts from a 3400 motor will work on a w-body?

My reasoning is that the motor in my girlfriend's 02 alero is knocking and a friend and I are probably going to be replacing it over christmas. If there are some parts that will work, and that someone would be interested in, I'd be willing to remove them. If not, I'll probably scrap the motor as I don't really have the room to keep it around long. I'm just trying to help her reduce the overall costs.

The top end (heads, LIM/UIM/TB) is a good thing to keep if not just the whole engine. Most people either do the top end swap or the whole engine swap. You might get more money if you sell the top end as a kit since it will be a little easier to ship then the whole engine.

which bottom end will the 3400 work on? does it fit both the 3.1 and the 3.4?

I'm just wondering because I'd like to try and find a vert before the spring, and if it's a good upgrade, then I'll hang onto them. I'm looking mainly for a 3.4L very though as I like the spoiler and some of the other features.

which bottom end will the 3400 work on? does it fit both the 3.1 and the 3.4?

I'm just wondering because I'd like to try and find a vert before the spring, and if it's a good upgrade, then I'll hang onto them. I'm looking mainly for a 3.4L very though as I like the spoiler and some of the other features.

It will work om the 3100. The 3.1 MPFI it will require custom length pushrods. If by 3.4 you are talking about the DOHC nothing will work.