meltboy1

I hit 240004 on the way home from class today and the car is still runnin great. Haven't had to do much to the car aside from rear struts, front plate bearings and alingment. Haven't had to do anything to the engine but add coolant every few months, still haven't fixed the leak... lol Also I think I have a bad drivers wheel bearing now and bad CV shaft on the right, easy fixes.

I do think it is due for a tuneup cuz my mileage has dropped from over 30 to about 24 on the highway, might be attributed to my bigger tires though, but ima do new plugs and wires and an oil change soon, it's probably about due for all 3.

I've been lovin this car, takes quite the beating and never backs down. I easilly put 500 miles a week on this car and it's as strong as when I bought it.

DSC01021.jpg

DSC01022.jpg

DSC01023.jpg

DSC01024.jpg

Congrats Euro! That works out to be around 388 000 kilometers and once i see that i know it's quite a feat. It's rare that you've got no real dents or rust rot either, keep on truckin'!

Theres a member on the local GP forum here that has a 95 or 96 Grand Prix SE 2 dr wich has a little over 500,000miles (yes MILES not KM) on it....i think hes owned it sonce it was new. Body is still in VERY nice shape, ive seen the car in person.......and he's swapped in an L-36 motor and 4T65E tranny in it wich both have like 135K on them.

You're not real far from me location wise. I'm surprised the car has held up so well in NY winters with all of those miles on it. Or was it a southern car for a bit?

It was a MN car IIRC.

My old GP!! God I miss her! :cry: Glad to see she's still going strong!

You're not real far from me location wise. I'm surprised the car has held up so well in NY winters with all of those miles on it. Or was it a southern car for a bit?

It was a MN car IIRC.

Its a MN car, has been its whole life. I worked at a carwash the whole time I owned it, so it got a full service wash (underbody and all) once a week for 6 months. :lol: For like the first month straight, there was black shit coming out from all the crevices, when I bought the car, it had been sitting in the guys driveway for almost a year. Dirty as hell, but fired right up! I want another one, I miss that car with a passion!

That is such a cool car. I love how dorky the sunroof looks, just like a piece of glass stuck to the roof :lol:

It is a sheet of glass (camper window). The previous owner before me must have broken the original sunroof glass, and just decided to silicone the camper window to the top of the car. Its not pretty, but at least it was quiet and never leaked on me :lol:

ya, and it still doesn't leak, so I have no reason to replace it... I could care less what the car looks like tbh, that's what beaters are for... :P but ya, there is rust here and there, but nothing serious.

My old GP!! God I miss her! :cry: Glad to see she's still going strong!

It was a MN car IIRC.

Its a MN car, has been its whole life. I worked at a carwash the whole time I owned it, so it got a full service wash (underbody and all) once a week for 6 months. :lol: For like the first month straight, there was black shit coming out from all the crevices, when I bought the car, it had been sitting in the guys driveway for almost a year. Dirty as hell, but fired right up! I want another one, I miss that car with a passion!

That's how mine was/is.

Stuff still comes out of the seals occasionally...

But when I first got it it was downright ANNOYING to wash... Shit kept coming from everywhere!!

Ahh, MN car that explains it. Nice looking car for sure.

They use salt too.

MN uses AWFUL road chemicals and salt. I see 2 year old vehicles starting to rust in MN with alarming regularity. We got rid of the 99 Metro, because the the frame was rotting through, already had rust holes everywhere.

That GP must have been oil sprayed by the previous owners I think, I had to replace the gas tank on it, and it wasn't a terrible job. Some rust, yes, but not near as bad as I was expecting.

I would venture so far to say that Metro's are not factory rust-proofed.

I've seen some bad ones. IMO-If you wash your car weekly in any state that uses salt you won't have to worry about it. Although surface rust on suspension components etc is always going to be there.

My Z-34 is from New Mexico origonally........i'm not sure exactly how many salty winters its seen up here in NY.....but im gunna say at least 5 now.....cause theres 1 spot where the paint is starting to bubble from the inside out just behind the rear passenger wheel.

Midwest (KS) uses salt too.

Mine came from Jersey, was there a few years, then landed here in Wichita and has been here for the last 12 years or so of her life. 199XXX right now... but I've funneled more money into this car than I ever should have.

Kudos to you for your happy Pontiac. :) May you share many more miles together. LOL.

My Regal spent all of it's life up till 2007 on Colorado, evidenced by the years of receipts and weird shit I found in the car when I got it. Not to mention old insurance cards and stuff. Not sure if they use salt out there, or if the roads get bad enough to even need it. But the car has 217,XXX miles on the body, and no rust at all.

My Regal spent all of it's life up till 2007 on Colorado, evidenced by the years of receipts and weird shit I found in the car when I got it. Not to mention old insurance cards and stuff. Not sure if they use salt out there, or if the roads get bad enough to even need it. But the car has 217,XXX miles on the body, and no rust at all.

I think it depends where in CO, but they either use a 50% mix or no salt. My car came from Colorado Springs and is perfect.

Theres a member on the local GP forum here that has a 95 or 96 Grand Prix SE 2 dr wich has a little over 500,000miles (yes MILES not KM) on it....i think hes owned it sonce it was new. Body is still in VERY nice shape, ive seen the car in person.......and he's swapped in an L-36 motor and 4T65E tranny in it wich both have like 135K on them.

You must be talking about Greg. He knows my boss so he stops in my work quite a bit. His car is still in really good shape, and he is still driving it as of a few weeks ago.