Headers for 3.1

Myotis1134

Sorry if this post is redundant but I am unable to search to see if there are other posts addressing this subject, and 300 pages of posts is beyond my attention span.

I am trying to find some headers for my 91 Lumina, but as we all know, they don't make headers specifically for the 60 degree 3.1.

However, I did find some headers for a "Grand Am 3.4/ 3.5 Single Cam" at

http://www.headermania.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=H&Product_Code=3400&Category_Code=V6HeadersGA

I'm wondering if anybody knows whether or not these will fit, or can be modified to fit on a 3.1.

The site doesn't give any info one way or another, but it looks like it might fit.

p.s. If it turns out these headers will not work, does anyone know where I can get a good header kit?

it's not even worth trying to reconfigure those headers, the flange is different and the bends in the tubes are different therefore you'd have to cut them all to hell and then re-weld, you might as well make some from scratch.

There was a guy here in metro detroit that said he'd make me a set, but at the time didn't have the cash. Your best bet is to find a custom shop and expect to pay ABOUT $600 for a set of one off headers. Good luck

OH! As of now no one makes them for the 3.1

Is the search function broken? I tried to look for a thread about the exhaust manifold gasket failing but each time i try i get an error. My 3.1 exhaust manifold gasket went last week and i'm having it replaced today, there goes a couple hundred right before Christmas. :cry:

Instead of replacing the headers save the money for when a gasket goes!

Is the search function broken? I tried to look for a thread about the exhaust manifold gasket failing but each time i try i get an error. My 3.1 exhaust manifold gasket went last week and i'm having it replaced today, there goes a couple hundred right before Christmas. :cry:

Instead of replacing the headers save the money for when a gasket goes!

Use the Advance Search, it works fine.

Jake, good luck slipping those headers into a 1st gen car.

3100 and 3.1 are quite different engines, like Chris said,  good luck with those

It also states that they fit from a 2.5-3.8 WHAT?! Those sites are whacky

i thought that was weird too 2.5, 3.1, 3.4, & 3.8 wtf, and i know there differnt engines, but i wasnt sure what one this was for because it said 3.1 and not 3100. just thought i would try and help out

Also if you want to check out Milzymotorsports, Mike is very good with that 3.1l 60*V6.

There not in normal stock but he and his techs can custom make them for a 3.1 and they are for sure to work.

*I do not know if I want to do that for my 3.1 or if I am going to get the ported and polished exhaust manifolds, not sure yet.