Exhaust question

9lumina6

My Z-34 has all stock exhaust.......(kid i got it from put a brand new Walker catback on it a month b4 i got it). I wanna make it a little more raspy......but not loud so that im gunna get pulled over every 5 minutes. This kinda came up randomly today when i was at Wegmans and in the parking lot... i had just parked and the next row over was a red Z-34 sitting there revving his car.....had to have been an LQ1 not a L36...cause it just didnt sound like the rasp of a 3800.....(i have both motors so i would know the difference) ANYWAYSSS. I wanna make my stock exhaust sound raspy like the one i heard in the parking lot.

Do i just cut out the Res. thats by the rear pass wheel????

yep if thats what you want, its the resonator you'd cut out.

Sweet.... thanks.... looks like its time to get that hack saw out... and go to the parts store and buy a foot of pipe and 2 clamps :wink:

Driving to Florida w/ it this coming friday...... i kinda want it to sound "somewhat cool" cause im gunna b stayen w/ my friend w. a 97 Saleen mustang, and his dad down there has a 02 GT mustang. I'f i can't have my GTP down there... i wanna at least have a noticable Z-34 lol

I hate to say it but cutting out the resonator wont really make it much louder. It will drone more while driving down the road, but if you want a better sound, the stock mufflers will have to go. I did a resonator delete and switched mufflers on mine and it has a nice deep tone at idle and a growl at open throttle.

When I cut out my resonator, the raspiness was very miniscule. I wouldnt even waste my time on the resonator. If I hadnt done mine before I replaced my mufflers, I probably would have left it on.

I went from a 12 inch resonator to an 18 inch resonator and noticed a difference... the 12 inch was much more raspy than the 18 inch...

stock vs 12"

th_NewExhaust.jpg

18" (windy day kinda ruins the vid)

th_CIMG4225.jpg

my rasp problem was right at 2500 rpm, I hated it so I went to the 18" res and it was gone

Jamie

No resonator will make it more raspy, but not much louder.

Thats what I want..........the Z-34 i heard yesterday wasnt loud...it sounded like stock mufflers........but it had that rasp to it when he took off...but once he got to higher RPM's the rasp went away thats exactly what I want. I dont race this car (with the xception of the 1 time i took it to NYIRP just to see what it would run bone stock)....so i dont wanna spend $$ on aftermarket mufflers.

All of my "exhaust funds" are going into the GTP.

It sounds worlds better...

I haven't seen a pre-1994 Ontario plate in a while! Are you a fellow GTA-er? Downtown Toronto here...

I'm from Kitchener, along with a few other forum members.

Those plates are long gone... they came off my fathers van that I drove before the GP, and when the GP was switched into my name it got the newer style plates seen in the second video.

Jamie

I haven't seen a pre-1994 Ontario plate in a while! Are you a fellow GTA-er? Downtown Toronto here...

Those plates are long gone... they came off my fathers van that I drove before the GP, and when the GP was switched into my name it got the newer style plates seen in the second video.

Jamie

They only change plate styles here in NY once every 15 years or so........the ones we have now started getting issued in 01....so we still got til around 2016 or so w/ these...... i wish i lived in a state that changed them often....cause i like hangen up new plated to my collection all the time.

Here they changed plates because they ran out of 6 digit numbers I think...

Now we have gone to 4 letters followed by 3 numbers. The plates I got last week for my beater start with BETD

But when they do change plate style here, you don't have to change plates, I ran those 644 HEA plates till a year ago, my dad probably got those plates in the 80s :lol:

Jamie

Jamie

Ah Kitchener, i always used to go to Square Boy for breakfast on the weekends out there when visiting friends, they still around?

Jamie

Ah Kitchener, i always used to go to Square Boy for breakfast on the weekends out there when visiting friends, they still around?

I have no idea, lol. I haven't lived here long enough to really get to know the city. I lived in Waterloo for a year and a half, but I spent all my time working rather than exploring. Then after a short time in Woodstock I moved back to Kitchener last month...

Jamie