Need help ASAP (door pannel)

9lumina6

ok......how the F**K do you get the driver side door pannel off of a 95 Monte Carlo........i bought a new window motor and i am trying to take the pannel off.........i took out all the screws around the outer edge....took out the molding around the door handle and un-plugged the power lock........and the whole thing is loose......but something is still holding on in htere.....and whatever it is i cannot get to it.........WTF!!!!

is it stuck on a screw right behind the handle? there might be a torx screw there, at least there was on both of my cars.

Yupp yer rite.......had to pry off the "wooden" like trim that goes over top of the door handle to get to it................got the whole pannel off..........but i got bigger problems............window motor is held on by rivets. (f**k'n wonderfull) I got's me a plan tho......i think ima go down and get my dremel.... grind them off... and go down to Lowe's and get some bolts/nuts that'l fit. :smile: hopefully ill have this done by sunset.

is it stuck on a screw right behind the handle? there might be a torx screw there, at least there was on both of my cars.

Yupp yer rite.......had to pry off the "wooden" like trim that goes over top of the door handle to get to it................got the whole pannel off..........but i got bigger problems............window motor is held on by rivets. (f**k'n wonderfull) I got's me a plan tho......i think ima go down and get my dremel.... grind them off... and go down to Lowe's and get some bolts/nuts that'l fit. :smile: hopefully ill have this done by sunset.

That was the first major repair I did on my first car. Just make sure you don't accidentally engage the auto-down and cut your arm off like I almost did. :lol: And get locking nuts.

That was the first major repair I did on my first car. Just make sure you don't accidentally engage the auto-down and cut your arm off like I almost did. :lol: And get locking nuts.

Lol....i just got finished putten everything back together..........it works!!! ist time that window has gone down since ive owned the car. I used those clicky twist ties to hold the motor in for now......cause i couldnt find any bolts around the house.....but it actually holds it in nice and solid.......just temporary til i get back from Florida..........i just wanted the window to b able to go down so i can actually smoke in my car on the way down to florida. Drove me NUTTS when i drove it out to illinois in october....cause i had to crack the pass window, and use the ash tray to smoke........not to mension its toll from basically here to chicago....(w/ the xception of I-90 from the NY/Pa line to Clevaland).....so now i dont have to open my damn door any more when i go on the toll roads. :smile: