horn question

rockfangd

will the "boat horn" off a Park Ave plug and play w/ my Z-34???

Ive got the four horns from a Caddy, the notes are lowest to highest D, F, A, C. I bolted the additional two horns to existing unused holes in the metal behind the headlights on either side on my Pontiac Depending on how new the Buick park ave or Caddy deville/fleetwood you pull it off of the horns may be grounded through the mounting bolt, or through the harness plug, so you may have to get creative getting juice to the additional horns.

Even if it doesnt work.. as long as they notes don't sound like nails on a chalkboard together you should be fine.

My low tone horn rusted out like 6 months ago. It got replaced with a horn out of a caravan, IIRC. :willynilly: Yes, I know. Mopar on a GM. /wrists.

Anyhow, the plug was wrong, we just connected the two wires together and called it good. As long as my horn says "GET OUTTA MY WAY!" I'm happy.

If the horn sounds way quieter, its probably the low tone out. I don't know the scale notes though. LOL.

• 3 years later...
Hi all. I believe that the high tone is on the driver side and the passenger side is the low tone. Can anyone confirm this? 1994 cutlass supreme

No, I have a 1994 Cutlass Supreme and both horns are located on the driver side between the fender and the battery.

I have seen variations.

on MY 94, the high horn is behind the battery, the low horn is attached to the body horn where the bumper impact bar mounts. Some of my other cars have both horns behind the battery.

I love the FOUR horn Cadillac swap. i just need to find ALL FOUR horns in good working order. /rust

I swapped in a 4-horn setup off a PA into my Aurora back in the day. They were all 2-pin horns so I snagged the pigtails off the two additional horns and spliced them into the existing wiring. Boy were those things loud for stock horns.

• 2 weeks later...

On a 1993 Olds Cutlass Supreme... The horns are bolted side by side directly behind the battery on the inner fender... On a 1994 Supreme only one horn is bolted directly behind the battery on the inner fender and the other is bolted down below underneath the bumper cover right aboce where the front engine cradle bolt is