What alarm has these features?

MommyTaz022200

OK, since my engine is out, I would think it would be MUCH easier to install an alarm system then to do an install after the engine is back in. I know what features I want, but I have no idea who makes a model with them.

Features:

Pager for when the alarm goes off

Very good range (I'm in college, break-ins happen alot, and my classes arent always real close to my car)

Window & sunroof closer

lock/unlock with arm/disarm (maybe I can just run wires for the locks to the LED or something?)

Battery back-up

sensor for smashing window or sunroof

automatically arm the car if I forget to

I would like autostart too, but if I can't afford it right now, then I'd like the alarm to be capable of me adding it later on.

I'm looking for something as close to (or under) $150-$175 US

I am not worried about anyone stealing my car, so the starter kill thing is not a must have. I just don't want my system getting ripped off. My car is in the garage when I'm at home and people are more likely to steal the car.

I've never heard of an alarm coming with a window closer and battery backup. Actually, the old Clifford alarms had battery backup built into the siren, but they didn't have the paging and window closer.

You will probably need the battery backup and window closer as add-on modules.

I would personally get the DEI 554T which has remote start and LCD pager built into the key FOB. On Ebay, they are JUST under the high end of your budget, that is, if your budget is for parts only and doesn't include the install charges. You could hook up the keyless and sensors and leave the remote start stuff for later if you want it in fast. You can then add on a DEI 520T for battery backup. A DEI 529T will close your windows, or a DEI 530T instead will let you open, close, and vent your windows via remote.

DEI is the top name in the car alarm business. They also own Clifford now, but I prefer the real DEI stuff. They also manufacture the GM Accessories branded alarms that you can get at the GM dealer. Whatever you get, I would recommend DEI.

Yes, my budget is for the alarm only. I will install it, sice the engie being out is to my advantage. I put tape around all the wires I unhooked from the engine, and wrote what each wire goes to. I have a haynes book for any of the other wires I would need to hook alarm wires to also. I had been looking at DEI alarms. The Viper seems like for the most part it comes with the same features as the Clifford and Hornet, but it's way more expensive. I like Clifford's Protection Guarantee for $2500. That is about what it would cost to replace my system. I have seen some alarms that are cheaper and they advertise them having a bunch of nice options, but I can't seem to find any listing for the company that makes them if I wanted to order any add ons. That scares me, makes me wonder how good the alarm is if the company isn't found on yahoo or google search.

Last night my husbands car was vandelized too. (I post about alarms almost at the same time the car is vandelized, that's ironic) The windows on the car were engraved with the Harley emblum. (the back ones on a Dodge Shadow) As soon as my engine is rebuilt the car is going to the junk yard cause it bairley runs. There is nothing to steal inside, and both the driver and passenger windows were down when the window was broken. So this was purely just vandelism, right in our driveway. Now I'm even more worried about mine. I'm looking on eBay and waiting on one alarm with no buy it now price. It ends in 6 hours, if that's too expensive I'll go with the one you suggested. Thanks for the reply.

buddy of mine has a clifford that does all that and more. Remote start, battery backup, powerwindow rollup and down, headlight controls, learning capabilities (like for harsh weather and whatnot), arm/disarm, starter and engine kill if alarm is set off, pager remote (if the remote is out of range, the alarm actually calls his cell phone - monthly fee thing), he can call his alarm from his phone and perform any tasks via phone for remote unlocking/locking, ect.

it has a shit load more too, motion sensors, heat sensors, prox sensors, pretty much everything shy of actually driving the car.

you can pretty much buy any alarm and add features to it like power window rollup and whatnot.

so just go around and see what you like. Crime stopper and clifford both make decent alarms with a good range.

- Justin