Just Curious,Need some opinions...Grand Prix, Or Lumina Z-34

jjs316

Just wondering...Which is prefered,Grand Prix (More then likely a GTP) or a Lumina Z-34, opinions on which is better?? anything...Just curious to see what people will say...Thanks

Z34 IMO. W/ the Z34 ground effects, you know it had the 3.4 in it. The GTP B4U body package came on cars w/ the 3.1 as well ( NO OFFENSE 3.1 GUYS!!), however, for luxury, I'd say the GTP is the one to go for. The Z34 has a really basic interior, but I LOVE the looks of them. Just a matter of personal preferance I guess.

No Cutlass? :shock: Bummer.

Well, the Z has the looks and power with minor options compared to the others.

The GTP are very well equiped with leather, other electronic (depending on year) and other goodies.

It all depends on the 'total' package. I like the gizmos working and intacted.

- Erik

Appearance-wise, I'd go with the Z-34.. not a whole lot of 'em on the road compared to GP's.. and they just look sharp.

Comfort/Gadget-wise, it would have to be the GTP.. but there are tons of GP's on the road, so you'd pretty much blend right in.

With all them extra gadgets on the GTP, just means more stuff to fix. I say go with the Z34, buying mine was probably the best choice of my life, next to dating Cameron Diaz

I agree. I also think the Z34 Lumina isn't as common as the Grand Prix GTP. The GTP is quite common, at least in my area it is.

Z34 IMO. W/ the Z34 ground effects, you know it had the 3.4 in it. The GTP B4U body package came on cars w/ the 3.1 as well ( NO OFFENSE 3.1 GUYS!!), however, for luxury, I'd say the GTP is the one to go for. The Z34 has a really basic interior, but I LOVE the looks of them. Just a matter of personal preferance I guess.

Damn, you're the man. Erica Campbell doesn't return my phone calls. :(

I say go with the Z34, buying mine was probably the best choice of my life, next to dating Cameron Diaz

z34 for looks and i think its lighter due to less stupid stuff(stupid stuff = firewall insulation on the engine side, more sound deadener, gadgets that nobody needs like hud, dic, steering wheel radio controls, roof mounted consoles, coin holders, combination locks for the glovebox)

Yeah I don't know about you guys but I see way more Z34's then GTP's of my vintage. Yeah a Z34 with a GTP interior would be best but if I had to choose, I would be hard to passup a moonroof, HUD, steering wheel controls, etc. People only knock these options because they don't have them.

The Z34 weighs more with equal options. The interior of the lumina is crap IMO. Im a huge fan of the cutlasses now that I have one and have been IN one. The grand prix has a much better interior than the lumina, and as far as 'more things to break", thats funny.

I hardly ever see older GTPs, just SEs.

Either way, get a 5 speed!

I like the looks of Z-34's but I like all of the gadgets on the GTP. I see more a lot more Z-34's around here than GTP's. But I like GTP's better, because I'm a Pontiac man.

Z34 with a 94-96 GTP interior.

Is that possible?? Will things bolt up? :twisted: :idea:

Everything but the dash should bolt up fairly easy, no clue on how different the dash is.

Anyway, the 94-96 Grand prix is 100-200lbs lighter, couple inches shorter, and has a larger gas tank then the Z34

z34 for looks and i think its lighter due to less stupid stuff(stupid stuff = firewall insulation on the engine side, more sound deadener, gadgets that nobody needs like hud, dic, steering wheel radio controls, roof mounted consoles, coin holders, combination locks for the glovebox)

who the hell cares if I need them? I want them!

I love buttons! :D :D :D

I would look for a loaded Cutlass with a 3.4 (oohh hey i used to have one lol) but if you dont want CS then i would look for a Z-34 and then put leather seats in it and try changing the interior as much as i could. And changing interior is possible because once there was a CS on ebay with coplete GP interior. But in my opinion CS has the best interior and i dont like Pontiac inside.