Keyless entry ?

elevatorman51

Hey guys I'm new here and have a ? about a key-less entry sys. First I'm old school 69 GTO & a 67 Firebird 400 for myself , I bought this car (96 Grand Prix SE coup) for my kid and as a driver, the ? is it has a dealer installed system, installed in 96 the receipt was in the glove box. It has GM goodwrench key-less entry on the cover and mounted under the dash it has a fob with 2 buttons. Well it doesn't work is there any info on this device or can I replace it with a aftermarket unit. thanks Alan

Hey guys I'm new here and have a ? about a key-less entry sys. First I'm old school 69 GTO & a 67 Firebird 400 for myself , I bought this car (96 Grand Prix SE coup) for my kid and as a driver, the ? is it has a dealer installed system, installed in 96 the receipt was in the glove box. It has GM goodwrench key-less entry on the cover and mounted under the dash it has a fob with 2 buttons. Well it doesn't work is there any info on this device or can I replace it with a aftermarket unit. thanks Alan

Pics of the goat and bird are a must.

Sounds like you have the older GM Goodwrench security system...I've seen several brains on ebay for real cheap (in fact, I think I have one somewhere that works)... But, it's possible your car has factory RKE and either the fob is bad, batteries are dead or the module has gone bad.

If it does have factory RKE, try reprogramming the fob.

The Brain is defintly a spliced in GM add on , but I will check the batt. As for pics the GTO is more strip than street I'm trying to keep the bird stock there's also a 88 GTA in the heard but I'm on the fence about selling that one.

<3 the GTA. chances are the prix has keyless stock, and the remotes are just gone. you can check by either pulling the rear dash off (hard) or going in the trunk and looking for the programming wire (easy). look for the power antenna assembly and around that area should be one black unused wire. if you have that go buy urself a fob on ebay for cheap, rip out the other keyless shit and u got urslef a nice stock keyless system

<3 the GTA. chances are the prix has keyless stock, and the remotes are just gone. you can check by either pulling the rear dash off (hard) or going in the trunk and looking for the programming wire (easy). look for the power antenna assembly and around that area should be one black unused wire. if you have that go buy urself a fob on ebay for cheap, rip out the other keyless shit and u got urslef a nice stock keyless system

check under the antenea, there should be one single wire that is just kinda chilling there.

if you need a new remote, i have one, can mail it out for a grand total of 5 bucks if you are at all interested.

Thanks guys for the advice I'll go out and check for the wire in the trunk.

The GTO runs 12.30@110 weighing 3900lbs :eek: this winter she's going on a diet and hopefully Santa will bring me some

edelbrock's to replace the iron D- ports and a new cam and converter. I built the 463 shortblock to take these upgrades.