cathodes

sniperi311

i was wondering if anyone else has put cathodes in there car besides 1uvakind...sorry bout the spelling, i was wondering how they look and if there brighter stuff like that, also 1uvakind..sorry again if i misspelled it, how did you hook up the cathodes because theres like three wires because most people use them for computers, just curious, id like to get some in my car, they look really good in your car 1uvakidn....see ya

well the ones i got were from http://www.oznium.com his prices are very good compared to what i use to pay for them.

they are made for the computer systems, but they also come with a switch, and after the switch there is a yellow wire and a black wire.

yellow is positive, and black negative. that is all there is to it.

in my case, i used 4 sets (8 tubes total), and because i didnt want the switches, i cut them and then connected the wires straight.

what i did though, because i wanted a lot of cathodes in my car, i just spliced into one of the interior lights under the dash, and then hooked up a seperate positive and negative wire and wired them up to a relay.

so now i use them as my interior lights, and they don't put a strain on the light i spliced into, and at the same time i have my factory interior light switch allowing me to turn them on while driving if i like.

i removed all my interior lights and use cathodes instead. they are much much brighter and actually use less amperage.

thats cool, thank you very much for the info, i was wondering, if i hook them up to turn on when my dash lights come on, by turning my headlights on i mean, can i put a switch in the middle of that somehow to turn them all off somehow, or is that what a relay is used for, thanx again

yeah, simply put the switch on the + wire. that way you can turn them off if need be when your dash lights are on. or if you want to get technical about it, with some relays you can make it so that you can manually switch them on even without your dash lights, and your dash lights will turn them on as well.

- Justin

when i comes to electrical like that - i can do it, but i have a hard time telling how to do it. lemme think about it and draw it out so i can get a visual picture in my ead to describe.... this could take a while.

ALSO, 1uvakind, is there anywhere that sells 6 inch cathodes??? 12's might be too long for what i want to do with them - wow, that didnt sound right, but anyway, you get the point.

- Justin

thanx 92turbole, and i think that ive seen some shorter cathodes on ebay, but dont search under ebay motors you prolly wont find anything, and thanx for taking the time to draw out the thingy for me 92turbole