open ZZP headers on my 2000 GTP

9lumina6

Been sitting since September........havnt started her since then......since the ground was dey today and no more snow on the ground  i decided to take advantage of moving her out to the ban and took a quick vid of the sound of the open headers when i rolled her out of the garage.   

Got a Gen V blower and an L-32 LIM for it.....wich im working on in the basement gasket matching the LIM and painting the blower......will b installed soon.....along w/ a N* throttle body....and ZZP 3'' catback this winter. Thinking about going down to a 3.3'' pulley too  but I'm gunna stick w/ the 3.4'' in early spring....but if no knock on the 3.4....ill order a 3.3

awesome!  how do you like the ZZP headers as far as fitment/installation?

They fit like a glove........and installation was not too bad......not as easy as the Pacesetters that i had on htere before...........but once on, they are ALOT more worth it becuase they do not leak like the pacesetters..............im trying to get the link of the youtube vid. on here......for some reason its not showing up on this forum  like it did on Club GP.   

cool, that's good to hear. i have been telling myself i won't mod my GS, but after spending ~$1800 in the last month on the suspension and brakes i'm tempted to get to work on the exhaust and possibly intercooler.

cool, that's good to hear. i have been telling myself i won't mod my GS, but after spending ~$1800 in the last month on the suspension and brakes i'm tempted to get to work on the exhaust and possibly intercooler.

I would love to IC mine........but thats just straight up not gunna happen this year cause im focused on getting a crotch rocket this spring......maby in another year or 2 ill IC it.....My goal is to run a 12.99 on stock internals this spring..........wick i think is highly possible cause i ran a 13.47 on a 3.4'' setup w/ stock catback and manifolds this year .

wow, that's not bad at all on a 3.4" and that exhaust.

is your avatar pic of the Wyoming state line?

Yes it is actually........... US 85 at the Colorado/Wyoming line

ah, that's pretty close to where i used to live (Laramie). quite a ways from NY!

Yeah i drive out there once a year....sometimes twice a year......got a couple buddys in Cheyenne.......i was gunna drive out there in a few weeks.........but i dont think its gunna happen........im prolly gunna b driven down to Florida insted to visit where i used to live down there..........But once the GTP is back on the road in the spring ill def. be driven it out to Wyoming cause i trust it alot more goen out there then my Z-34

link works fine

sveeettt...........ya srry for the shakey vid.......that camera is so sensitive to every movement.......i didnt realize it til it was totally dark tonite and already got it out in the barn and covered up......but its the sound of it that counts.

i was watching some of you other videos and i noticed that on the 0-95 your car didnt take off until around 3000 rpm but i, noticed your shifts seemed pretty smooth so i was wondering what type of transmission do you have in it is it a manual, an auto with a stall converter, or were you just holding the brake

i was watching some of you other videos and i noticed that on the 0-95 your car didnt take off until around 3000 rpm but i, noticed your shifts seemed pretty smooth so i was wondering what type of transmission do you have in it is it a manual, an auto with a stall converter, or were you just holding the brake

Which video?

this one

Ohhh no thats my buddy's GTP........after he did the Gen V swap...... that GTP has a ZZP tranny in it.  My PB vid on my sig was taken from his camera   thats y its under his youtube account.

My youtube name is Fuel4TheSoul03GT

okay that makes sence because after i posted that i started to think am i an idiot when i realized the account was differnt from the one that your headers vid was on

okay that makes sence because after i posted that i started to think am i an idiot when i realized the account was differnt from the one that your headers vid was on

lol nahh its cool......mine shifts just about the same.......and my tranny is absolutely bone stock......xcept for the ZZP shift kit.......wich comes standard in the ZZP tranny wich is in my buddy's GTP in his vid.........so basically mine shifts the same, 1-2 shift at 52mph, 2-3 at 92mph in performance shift at WOT......and it shifts HARD w. that shift kit.

Is that finken's old car? Gen V and zzp trans sounds familiar. Sold that car for a queer 240

Yeahh........thats who my BP run vid is on his youtube cause he took it w/ his camera........Ya he moved back to Colorado and sold the GTP and got that 240.........i meen thats what he wanted......but i still got pissed........cause we put so much work into that GTP......it was QUICK for a 3.5'' pulley......i woulda bought that car from him to have another GTP if i had the $$.

Love the setup. I gotta come see it.

Ya Dave u gotta come see it and listen to it in person sometime this week b4 i tear the Gen 3 blower off. I just moved it out back to my barn yesterday.......I got the Gen 5 down in the basement...ready to paint... and ive ported my new LIM for the Gen V......just waiting for the new LIM gasket, Injector O-rings, and coolant elbow to come.

wow all kinds of lights lit up on that dash

Cause it was being started.......only light that stays on is the SES light.....for P1033 code from the upper O2 when i had the pacesetters.........i replaced the sensor when i put these ZZP headers in.....but the car hasnt been drive cycled yet to turn the code off.