STE Trunk Trim Removal ???

webxfx

I believe double side tape is all the more that holds it on.

you could try some heavy fishing line and use that to "cut" the tape if you start on the right or left and make your way to the opposite side.

I don't know that I've ever seen, or heard of one being successfully removed. That's why when a buddy of mine found one in mint condition on a white STE (my TSTE was white, too), I told him to just snag the whole trunk lid. Easier to swap those, than to hope you cleanly get the plaque off without cracking some part of it.

I always use a small/thin putty knife on those, breaking free the outside edges all the way around first, and working my way into the middle. I've never had one break yet unless it was already starting to crack before I attempted to remove it.

• 4 weeks later...

I always use a small/thin putty knife on those, breaking free the outside edges all the way around first, and working my way into the middle. I've never had one break yet unless it was already starting to crack before I attempted to remove it.

That was the method i tried but i am a man of little or no patience lol

BFH

/end thread.

otherwise, yah, be patient, and dont break it, use wire of some kind, or a razor blade if you have one, not like it matters if you mess up with trunk, it is at the junkyard either way.