L67 questions - between body styles

AWeb80

Ok, I am looking on a website that has a

2000 Engine Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8L (w/suprchrgr (VIN 1)- 53K MILES U 53K $850

&

1996 Engine Buick Riviera (3.8L), w/suprchrgr, (VIN "1")- 65K U 65K $750

Is there any difference in power between these engines, or any diff. at all, other than the miles.

No difference in power, but a non W-body engine will be a headache to install. You will have to purchase and change lots of brackets and mounts. I know someone that put a Bonneville L67 into a GTP and said it was NOT worth the effort... shoulda bought a W-body motor to begin with.

Also, there were many changes to the engine in 98. I'm not too sure to what, but some 98+ parts don't fit on a 97 and older.

No difference in power, but a non W-body engine will be a headache to install. You will have to purchase and change lots of brackets and mounts. I know someone that put a Bonneville L67 into a GTP and said it was NOT worth the effort... shoulda bought a W-body motor to begin with.

Also, there were many changes to the engine in 98. I'm not too sure to what, but some 98+ parts don't fit on a 97 and older.

OK, thanks for the info. This project will take a while. I want to know what i'm getting into before I throw money into an engine and tranny.