Keyless Entry Module Location (sedan) UPDATE Dec. 1st

4door Intl

Hey guys, i've looked at W-Body Forums for years now, but i've only now created a username and this is my first post. I have a question: where is the location of the keyless entry module in the w-body sedans? I read the removal instructions on this website but they refer to coupe only (removal of rear quarter interior trim) Also, is it in the same location for all sedans? I ask because i just may go to a wrecker and pull one instead of worrying about soldering. I have a Cutlass Supreme but i suppose a module form any 88-97 work work if only i could find it, right?

Thanks!

It is located under the rear hayrack on the passengers side.

Tremendous, thank you kindly! I never would've thought to look there...

As an aside i once had an old Volvo 242 and the owner's manual referred to it as a hat shelf, lol

the programming wire is located next to the antenna on the right rear also

Thank you, yep i tried reprogramming my remote before realizing it had to be the module. Grounding out the wire causes the locks and power trunk to cycle and pressing the remote's lock and unlock buttons together causes them to cycle a second time (holding for ten seconds to reset) but the remote still won't work outide of programming mode. Am i doing the correct reprogram procedure? I found instructions from a google search...

NutS! So i went to a wreckers on Saturday and found lots of first gen w-bodies to choose from. I began peeling back the parcel shelf carpet trim under the back windows and...no keyless entry modules! It looks like that's the location for Cutlass Supremes only. So i found two 1996 sedans and took both modules out. Turns out they're not compatible with my first gen Supreme. The case is exacty the same but they have two connectors instead of one. I plugged one of the two modules in (as the connector is the same) and the damn module fried in two seconds flat, complete with electrical stink. Afterward i opened both mine and the gen 2 and they're completely different inside, UGH.

Ok, so does anyone know where the keyless entry module is located on first gen Regals, Grand Prixs or Lumina sedans? Some i checked were of a trim line that included keyless entry but i couldn't find the modules anywhere. Again only the Cutlass Supreme had it installed under the back window trim for some reason. I'd like to fix this as soon as possible because the driver's door key lock hasn't worked in years as now i have to open the passenger door, hit the interior unlock and walk around every time i drive...

NutS! So i went to a wreckers on Saturday and found lots of first gen w-bodies to choose from. I began peeling back the parcel shelf carpet trim under the back windows and...no keyless entry modules! It looks like that's the location for Cutlass Supremes only. So i found two 1996 sedans and took both modules out. Turns out they're not compatible with my first gen Supreme. The case is exacty the same but they have two connectors instead of one. I plugged one of the two modules in (as the connector is the same) and the damn module fried in two seconds flat, complete with electrical stink. Afterward i opened both mine and the gen 2 and they're completely different inside, UGH.

Ok, so does anyone know where the keyless entry module is located on first gen Regals, Grand Prixs or Lumina sedans? Some i checked were of a trim line that included keyless entry but i couldn't find the modules anywhere. Again only the Cutlass Supreme had it installed under the back window trim for some reason. I'd like to fix this as soon as possible because the driver's door key lock hasn't worked in years as now i have to open the passenger door, hit the interior unlock and walk around every time i drive...

You CAN use the 2 connector module but it will take some rewiring. They also work a lot better than the earlier modules.

You CAN use the 2 connector module but it will take some rewiring. They also work a lot better than the earlier modules.

do you have a write-up for that? I swear I read it but can't find it.

They are all in the same location but oldsmobile was the most common to get the RKE feature.. all you have to do is look for the programming wire near the antenna and if it does not have that wire it does not have RKE :mrgreen:

Thank you, yep i tried reprogramming my remote before realizing it had to be the module. Grounding out the wire causes the locks and power trunk to cycle and pressing the remote's lock and unlock buttons together causes them to cycle a second time (holding for ten seconds to reset) but the remote still won't work outide of programming mode. Am i doing the correct reprogram procedure? I found instructions from a google search...

IIRC I grounded mine out and just pressed one button, and it worked, that's what I read in the service manual but that was a 96 CS.

Its almost a miracle when it acually works lol

Thank you' date=' yep i tried reprogramming my remote before realizing it had to be the module. Grounding out the wire causes the locks and power trunk to cycle and pressing the remote's lock and unlock buttons together causes them to cycle a second time (holding for ten seconds to reset) but the remote still won't work outide of programming mode. Am i doing the correct reprogram procedure? I found instructions from a google search...

[/quote']

IIRC I grounded mine out and just pressed one button, and it worked, that's what I read in the service manual but that was a 96 CS.