92-97 Parts Catalog

juan440

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I got the quote back from the microfiche scanner and it's $280.00 for the 2,800 images. Thats .10 cents each. For that price I get a cd with PDF images. I have to take them to Kinkos for transfer to paper or make copies of the cd. So that's the deal. If I can get commitments to offset the cost I'll start the process.

I would be in for a CD copy in PDF format.

I would also be willing to pay up to $ 10.00 plus postage.

Does this fit with what you had in mind?

Good luck with this, I too have the microfishe film pieces, but have had no luck finding a way to transfer them.

Good work finding the service at what seems to be a reasonable price.

What's the date on yours?

I have a ton of the W-body (and other cars) parts microfiche and also a viewer. At one time, I had thought about photographing each page with a digital camera, but I don't have the time or motivation to attempt that.

Don't know, I sent the whole set to the microfiche guy. Go to the library, most have a viewer that's connected to copy machine. You find the image you want and you can make a copy. I've done it at the branch near me. You can search the images untill you find what your looking for and then look up the part number.

I got the quote back from the microfiche scanner and it's $280.00 for the 2,800 images. Thats .10 cents each. For that price I get a cd with PDF images. I have to take them to Kinkos for transfer to paper or make copies of the cd. So that's the deal. If I can get commitments to offset the cost I'll start the process.

So what IS the deal? CD or print copy? Either, both? How much?

We need to know what we're committing to.

I think there will definitely be interest. I'm interested.

Don't know, I sent the whole set to the microfiche guy. Go to the library, most have a viewer that's connected to copy machine. You find the image you want and you can make a copy. I've done it at the branch near me. You can search the images untill you find what your looking for and then look up the part number.

Yeah, I used to do that, but I bought my own microfiche machine from eBay for around $30-40 shipped. Sometimes it makes me nauseous using it though. Something about the slides moving around that has a similar effect to seasickness.