Anyone have any up-close pictures of the vacuum clip at the throttle body

slick

As the title says, anyone have a spare good one they can take off their car for measurements, or take some detailed pictures of? I'd really like to secure mine in (never knew there was supposed to be a clip until just earlier today), and would like to make another.

Thanks.

Here are a few pictures. I didn't take any measurements, but I did lay a measuring tape against it in one or two pics to give you a *very crude* idea of the size of it.

IMG_3856.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3846.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

they are not on anything else because they don't really do anything. It would be cool if someone made some out of stainless or aluminum though. the thing is, if your vac lines are going to come out on their own, time for a new spider anyway and new ones are tight going in.

I think the reasoning is boosted motors need them so the massive t-25 does not blow it off there with 9 psi. :eek:

I would only make it out of metal, probably steel, that's what I have most sitting around here (that, and we hardly make aluminum furnaces, they don't hold the heat as well).

I'd definately work on a re-design for it.

Mine just wiggles back ever so slightly, probably because the clip isn't in place. No vacuum leaks from there, and that entire spider of vacuum lines is new on my car.

Definately looks like I will have the material to make one, and possibly more.

Matt, when you get a chance, start taking measurements of everything. It won't exactly match the OEM, but will work.

For example, I see the side clips are only 3/4" or so wide, why can't they be the entire width of the port that it actually clips to? If it can be that wide, then what is the width of that, 1.5" or so?

• 1 month later...

Bump for mfewtrail. I know we talked through PM about it a while back, anything ever go through with that company?

The guy I spoke with must have forgot about me. I hadn't giving it much thought until I saw this post. I'll send him another message...

Bump for mfewtrail. I know we talked through PM about it a while back, anything ever go through with that company?

The guy I spoke with must have forgot about me. I hadn't giving it much thought until I saw this post. I'll send him another message...

Awesome!!!