Questions about 98 Intrigue

jimmyfloyd

I am looking to pickup a 98 Olds Intrigue from a friend who bought a new truck and is looking to get rid of it. I know there's a dent on the passenger fender and a tiny bit of surface rust on the corner of two of the doors, but other than that, it is normal wear and tear. I know the starter was just replaced too. It does have a check engine light on, and didn't pass inspection because of that and my friend decided not to put more money into it.

What sort of common issues with these cars should I look for? I am not sure right now if I would keep it to drive, or clean it up and sell it, but before I spend the money, I'd like to try and figure out if there is anything I should be weary of. Is I pass on it, he said he's probably just going to just let the shop keep it, but I would rather save it, or atleast part it out to help others.

Any more info on it? What engine is in it? (3.5 or 3.8)

All '98's where 3.8's.

They pretty much have the same problems as most second-gens. Window motors, wheel bearings, 3800's have problems LIM gaskets.