97 gtp power window problems

Addicted to eaton

As most of you know i parked the gtp for about a month and a half. abd Now that im driving it daily again i noticed a big problem.

Today at work I rolled my window down. When i went on break i went to roll it back up and it went up about an inch and stoped. I pressed the button again and still nothing.. about 5 min later hit the button again and it went up about another inch. so i hit the button and the bull the window up and hit the button pull the window up. and so on.. It did this one time befor but would roll halfway up and stop wait awhile and it would go the rest of the way up.

Also. drives side window is SLOWWWWW...... i wanna fix them both anyideas?

Would it be the motors? I really dont care im just gonna go to the j/y and get what i need for free.

probably. The tracks might need lubed too.

And ken is the one to ask about that!!! :naughty:

Waaaaaa??????

BTW, the reason windows may stop after moving a bit is that the motors have a built in circuit breaker. once it pops, it will reset in a few moments. I've never killed a W-body motor, much less any other, but I have fixed or replaced plenty in both GMs and fords.

Would it be the motors? I really dont care im just gonna go to the j/y and get what i need for free.

probably. The tracks might need lubed too.

And ken is the one to ask about that!!! :naughty:

Waaaaaa??????

BTW, the reason windows may stop after moving a bit is that the motors have a built in circuit breaker. once it pops, it will reset in a few moments. I've never killed a W-body motor, much less any other, but if fixed or replaced plenty in both GM and fords.

Is that why when i pull and press the button it will go up longer!?!

Is that why when i pull and press the button it will go up longer!?!

if the circuit breaker pops, if has to cool down a bit before moving.

if you mean your window is always "movable" but has trouble moving, it is most likely binding, or just a weak motor.

lets say the window is half way down. here is how i get it up

1. Press up on Switch. window Moves for about 1/4th a sec.

2. Grab window with hand and pull it up as far as it will go (about an inch)

3. Press up on Switch. window Moves for about 1/4th a sec.

4. Grab window with hand and pull it up as far as it will go (about an inch)

5 keep doing 1 and 2 untill the window is up.

In the Ciera, It would go about 4 inches w/o help, but would go up all the way every time if I helped it. I used my window a lot too, so my window was mega dirty.