Help with vertical door handles..

gpchris

pull the top of the door and wedge something in there till you can get a coathanger down in there and open your door.

Like to reach the inside handle?

Go thru the trunk?

backseat needs to be out of the car. that being said ive had to do this before

I have too with the back seats still in... I fit through the center fold down

This is on a lumina.. The back seat is fully bolted with no access door.

I had this happen on my regal, i i had to pull on the handles a few times pretty quickly, and kinda hard as well. Once I opened up the door, i straightened the rod and everything was good.

I had this happen on my regal, i i had to pull on the handles a few times pretty quickly, and kinda hard as well. Once I opened up the door, i straightened the rod and everything was good.

We spent 40 minutes trying to get them open in the freezing cold around 1AM.. We beat the hell out of them.

This happened on my lumina, the rods got really bent and i needed to striaghten and adjust them.

Here is what i did.

Lean in on the door at the back and then pull the handle and lean away and pull the door open. It worked for me at least i may have just been lucky.

Also like bigalwalker08 said, use a wedge at the top of the door to pull the door open and then use a coat hanger to pull the inside handle.

Lean in on the door at the back and then pull the handle and lean away and pull the door open. It worked for me at least i may have just been lucky.

Tried that.. Im just going to try the coat hanger thing.. thanks for the help guys

I got lucky, I think my driver side handle is fubar, as in I can pull it and it stays out, or will move to the out position while driving, it doesn't do anything more. If I pull it the interior lights don't even come on. At least I have a passenger door. I am guessing I will have to replace the driver side or can it be fixed?

Not trying to hijack, just stop clutter

there is a threaded adjustment on the rod, just take the clip off and turn the mount 2 or 3 times. I have had to do this many times and the rod was never bent just out of adjustment I'm pretty sure.

you know.... if you can open the hood and remove the passenger side fender well.... you could power down the passenger side window by running jumpers to the wires to power the window down by splicing into the wire loom.

you know.... if you can open the hood and remove the passenger side fender well.... you could power down the passenger side window by running jumpers to the wires to power the window down by splicing into the wire loom.

no. you cant. I totally rewired my 6speed gtp man. I know, the only thing related to the windows in the engine bay is the power wire to them and its ways hot until it hits the bcm.

good question. but this wouldn't be TOO hard to do.

Question? and theres no way to do it from the engine side. Only from the interior.. and there wouldnt be a problem if I could get inside the car..

good question. but this wouldn't be TOO hard to do.

Question? and theres no way to do it from the engine side. Only from the interior.. and there wouldnt be a problem if I could get inside the car..

?!?!?!

yes.... you can open the hood from outside the car. It's not an A-body.

yes... the door loom runs to the body through the fenderwell area. simply ask for which wires you would need to tap and you could power your windo down IF you have a power window.

Go thru the trunk?

Yeah, Ive had this happen a few times now. There has to be a better way to design these damn handles. Well, it happened in my '92 GTP, I hired my friend's 4 year old to go through the small opening in the trunk. Didn't cost much, I think it was like a tootsie pop or something. Just keep an eye out for possible recruits, a good was to meet a chick too.

Go thru the trunk?

Yeah, Ive had this happen a few times now. There has to be a better way to design these damn handles. Well, it happened in my '92 GTP, I hired my friend's 4 year old to go through the small opening in the trunk. Didn't cost much, I think it was like a tootsie pop or something. Just keep an eye out for possible recruits, a good was to meet a chick too.

The lumina doesnt have a trunk access door in the back seat... and i see what you mean by the window thing but im def going to try the coat hanger first

Go thru the trunk?

Haha thats a good idea!