Viper 5500 Alarm Siren

xtremerevolution

Simply put, it doesn't work. Not sure why.

It used to chirp when I locked or unlocked the car, now nothing. I've tried disabling and re-enabling the chirp, but that didn't do any good either. When the alarm is set off, nothing happens either.

I know this is probably more of a question for Slick, but I'd greatly appreciate any help to troubleshoot this or figure out where the problem is.

if its not going off when you set the alarm off - then for sure its the siren its self.

Check the ground wire off the siren, also to confirm its a siren problem take the red wire from it and jump it over to power and see if it goes off.

if its not going off when you set the alarm off - then for sure its the siren its self.

Check the ground wire off the siren, also to confirm its a siren problem take the red wire from it and jump it over to power and see if it goes off.

Good idea. I'll try that tonight and let you guys know what happens.

Is it at all possible that anything other than the siren itself may be busted?

If it is the siren, where do I get a replacement? Can you get sirens of varying degrees of loudness? I want something loud enough to wake the dead.

Mine had a chafed wire where it went inside the cabin...I have 2 sirens on my CS, both modified to be loud enough I heard it inside my bedroom (250 feet) away with an industrial fan on...

Mine had a chafed wire where it went inside the cabin...I have 2 sirens on my CS, both modified to be loud enough I heard it inside my bedroom (250 feet) away with an industrial fan on...

How do you modify a siren to be loud enough?

Yes, on the sirens, there are two wires- One is to cut so it is quiet, one is to cut so it is loud.

Ground is right to the chassis, power is red at the siren, and a brown wire output from the brain.

To check, run power to the red wire on the siren. If it go's off, either the red to brown wire has came undone, the ground is bad, or you hit the magical button combo on your keypad to turn off all sirens (which Rob did the same thing to his).

Yes, on the sirens, there are two wires- One is to cut so it is quiet, one is to cut so it is loud.

Ground is right to the chassis, power is red at the siren, and a brown wire output from the brain.

To check, run power to the red wire on the siren. If it go's off, either the red to brown wire has came undone, the ground is bad, or you hit the magical button combo on your keypad to turn off all sirens (which Rob did the same thing to his).

Dammit, if I hit that magical keyboard combo, how do I hit it again to turn the siren on?

Screw it. I tried every combination of wires to get that siren to turn on, and couldn't get anything.

There are 4 wires on that siren.

the first pair is a red and striped brown wire

the second pair is a black wire that is cut, and a striped black wire that comes out of the siren and goes back into the siren

not sure what's going on. I'll have to check the power on the two wires going to the siren to see if those have any power going through them when the siren should be on, but I'm too damn cold to go back outside now.

The black wire that is cut, and the black/white wire that is cut is the soft and loud alarm tones, leave those alone.

Red - 12V

Brown or Black- Ground

Gimme a few days to come up with that button combo again, it's pretty wierd.

The black wire that is cut, and the black/white wire that is cut is the soft and loud alarm tones, leave those alone.

Red - 12V

Brown or Black- Ground

Gimme a few days to come up with that button combo again, it's pretty wierd.

Well I tried hooking up the red and the brown wire to the battery and got nothing. Should I assume that my siren is gone?

Yes, you can wire as many in as you want. Just remember, at some point, the current draw will be enough that you will want to add a relay to up the amperage.

Say I get 2 sirens. Will I need a relay for that much power?