colored dash lights

HuffDaddy

I am considering changing out the bulbs in my cluster for LED units, focused green for the turn signal bulbs and blue wide angles for the rest. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am concerned that the color will not come through correctly as the cluster has opaque colors printed on the speedo etc.

Search, its been done recently, twice :thumb:

me being the first to do it

iirc, it's been done many times over.

i've done it several times over the years that i've owned w bodies.

i used the diffusion prisms from ohter clusters for best results with leds.

1loudcutty I thought I remembered someone posting something along that line but I searched multiple terms and could not find it. As I recall didn't you say you ran into some difficulty doing yours? If I remember correctly you wired yous up manually; just out of curiousity why did you choose that route over the leds with the 194 bulb socket?

1loudcutty I thought I remembered someone posting something along that line but I searched multiple terms and could not find it. As I recall didn't you say you ran into some difficulty doing yours? If I remember correctly you wired yous up manually; just out of curiousity why did you choose that route over the leds with the 194 bulb socket?

No, what was a bitch was swapping out LEDs in the DIC and aut climate control unit.

I tried just addind LEDs to the existing bulbs sockets for the cluster but soon realized actually solding the LEDs to the cluster board was an easier and more secure method