Trunk pop switch

dodgethis

Hey guys got a good one for you. I installed a door bell switch for just a simple momentary on/off switch for the trunk pop. It has worked for well over a half a year. It is so weird because last night it worked just fine getting my books out of the trunk. It was only recently there is not light on the button and when pressed the trunk does not pop open. I have disconnect the power cable to the trunk actuator and checked the voltage on it and im getting nothing on it. I have checked all fuses and see nothing wrong, and none burned out.

What is the fuse number that pertains to the trunk pop?

Car: '98 lumina 3100. 66,000 miles.

I miss my trunk pop :sad:

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I will go ahead and pull the lower dash off and re trace my wires and find out what the hell happend.

carkhz316:

Man i hope your wrong about the Mis-adjustedd Park/neutral switch on the trans. Although i dont know how that would be made possible. You are right about when you shift it out from park that it does disengages power so I wonder if thats even possible.

Hey Intern8tion9l:

You said yours is under the hood, whats it labled as if you dont mind telling me?

Oh and 90supremecutty:

Hey its really easy if you pull your lower dash trim off (where your legs are). You will see two wire that are green, and black with a white stripe that will have a clear connector to it. I swear all you have to do is go to a jy and get you a switch and a trunk actuator, its very easy.. I didnt use the trunk switch and just used a door bell switch so i could tuck it under the dash so no one could break in and steal my shit from the trunk.