bad news looking to start fresh

swift13

ok so 2 months ago i bought a 95 lumy for a grand. good deal i thought low miles and decent shape. runs good and hasnt given me any problems as of yet,i only bought it so i could sit my vert and have a DD.

so i go to the junkyard today for some parts for a nissan that im working on. i come out about a half hour later only to find my that my in-dash dvd player has been stolen from the lumina. ok so that sucks real bad right but im not pissed off at that so much as i am that they did a shitty job in taking it and broke parts of the dash and its going to be next to impossible to put another radio back in cleanly.

but i was lookin at a white super clean 96 G. Prix special with 95 k 3.1L and i swear there is not a scratch on this thing. runs good and shifts very smooth, he wants $2300 for it, do you guys think i should go for it??

yeah i know a dash swap isnt too bad but i just dont feel like dealing with it, i would much rather have a 2 door w then a 4 door, im a big fan of the prix, and with this incident i now have another excuse to try and get the prix.

im not all that mad about the radio cuz i dont think they will be able to use it cuz they only took the radio and with my set up there is a brain box that is needed to make it work and a four digit code to unlock after any power disconnect, so yeah it sucks for me but i dont think it will do them any good either.

I know they will sell it and make some money off it but whatever. nothing i can do now

Damn that sucks!!! I'm guessing he was at the yards in Blue Island. I can't remember the names of them, RareGMFan goes to them all the time! They're good yards from what I've heard

In-dash DVD and no alarm system on your car?

I know this is a bad time to be saying that, but you're certainly not the first on this board to have that happen to. I'm one of them, and I installed a Viper V5500 alarm system instantly after my first radio got stolen. I haven't had anyone touch my car since.

I know this is a bad time to be saying that, but you're certainly not the first on this board to have that happen to. I'm one of them, and I installed a Viper V5500 alarm system instantly after my first radio got stolen. I haven't had anyone touch my car since.

Damn, I remember that. How's Boulevard doing Andrei btw?

sorry to hijack the thread. Sounds like a good deal to me. Any pics of the GP?

Haven't talked to him in a little while. He seemed to be doing alright last time I checked, aside from his car leaking fluids like there's no tomorrow.

I remember last time I was there, he had just gotten his Z34 out of the shop, and went to Auto Zone to fill up on fluids. I watched him down a whole bottle of brake fluid into his steering fluid reservior, and only after it was gone, noticed what he was doing. I was like "dude, you do know that's brake fluid you're pouring into the steering fluid reservior." He was like, "oh, shit. Oh well, it will leak out in a couple of days anyway..."

Yeah...

A lot of work went into rebuilding that Z34 after a tree fell on it, including a nice new black paint job. He still has the car IIRC, since he couldn't sell it just because of how much work was put into bringing it back to life.

Haven't talked to him in a little while. He seemed to be doing alright last time I checked, aside from his car leaking fluids like there's no tomorrow.

I remember last time I was there, he had just gotten his Z34 out of the shop, and went to Auto Zone to fill up on fluids. I watched him down a whole bottle of brake fluid into his steering fluid reservior, and only after it was gone, noticed what he was doing. I was like "dude, you do know that's brake fluid you're pouring into the steering fluid reservior." He was like, "oh, shit. Oh well, it will leak out in a couple of days anyway..."

Yeah...

A lot of work went into rebuilding that Z34 after a tree fell on it, including a nice new black paint job. He still has the car IIRC, since he couldn't sell it just because of how much work was put into bringing it back to life.

Yea I remember he and his family came to a Fuddruckers meet back last winter and brought the Z after it was painted black, with new wheels on too I think. Looked real good.

i have a code alarm keyless entry on on the car but the f-ing siren went out like 2 weeks ago.

and yeah i was in the u-pull-it yard in blue island, and yeah it is a good lot but i might be cautious next time i go.

the prix is in great shape but i have no pics if you go on cars.com there is a gtp like it but the one i want is in better shape but with no moon roof and 3.1 instead of the 3.4dohc

The yard didn't have security?

I would seriously look to see if you can sue them for damages. Although that might be a no go.

I'm with this guy. There should be security cameras on the perimises. You should be able to file a police report and I think you can request copies of the videos since they are pertinent to your case.

Sorry to hear about the trouble man. I'm terrified of someone breaking into my car and stealing my stuff. It's only a 400$ head unit, but still. If I didn't have it, I'd have no music, because I don't have a backup deck anymore.

I've only had one person try to get into my car (that I'm aware of) and the alarm going off painfull loud, and the fogs flashing everywhere alerted several residents, including myself. The would-be thieves high-tailed it out and i've not seen them since.

no go, the yard doesnt have cameras on the parking lot and there is no law saying that they have to or that their liable to do so.

its not a big deal i have a few extra radios i can put in but it just sucks. and i really dont want the car anymore so i have been driving my caliber and leaving the lumy to the wife, mainly because there is a radio in the caliber and i havent had time to fix the lumina.

My brother had his shit stolen like 2 months ago downtown and he seen the guy as he was walking out of work but the cops stopped him and didnt chase the thief. he had a pro-install worth about 4 grand and hey took the head unit worth about 900

Thanks for all the support

Sometimes, when someone violates you in that way, it makes you not want to remember that incident.

I pretty much lost interest in my van and my CS after they were keyed by the rubberheads...

its a long story but no i dont drive my car due to no radio, i have a half hour trip to work and back and im a music needy freak so thats the just of it. and since my wife isnt really into music all that much its a nice deal, especially since the caliber has a stock 9 speaker boston acustic sound system in it. :burnout: