big (actually, medium) plans for the Phantom

phantomFE3

k just gathering my thoughts here on what im gonna do with the phantom. first of all, it needs new tires and brakes. so ill get those fixed. im going with khumo tires (60 bucks each) which are the same ones that are on the vette. and just replacement mediolker brake pads/rotors. and then, im gonna sand blast the rust and shit off of the bottom and back, fill it in with some bondo and come metal plates and fiberglass, have it painted and everything, so ill have the exterior lookin good and performing and everything. as for the interior, im gonna put the original back seat in it. find some black seat covers, nothing fancy, just plain black ones and put them on all the seats. who knows i maybe wont even do that. but im gonna take all the interior panels out that are plastic and paint them with that color changing chameleon paint stuff, im gonna go with black/maroon. so ill have the black and it will have thayt maroon hue to it to match the carpeting and everything. what do you think? questions? comments? suggestions?

k just gathering my thoughts here on what im gonna do with the phantom. first of all, it needs new tires and brakes. so ill get those fixed. im going with khumo tires (60 bucks each) which are the same ones that are on the vette. and just replacement mediolker brake pads/rotors. and then, im gonna sand blast the rust and shit off of the bottom and back, fill it in with some bondo and come metal plates and fiberglass, have it painted and everything, so ill have the exterior lookin good and performing and everything. as for the interior, im gonna put the original back seat in it. find some black seat covers, nothing fancy, just plain black ones and put them on all the seats. who knows i maybe wont even do that. but im gonna take all the interior panels out that are plastic and paint them with that color changing chameleon paint stuff, im gonna go with black/maroon. so ill have the black and it will have thayt maroon hue to it to match the carpeting and everything. what do you think? questions? comments? suggestions?

Paint on door panels doesnt last. Ive been there.

All show no go he?

Robby

hmm but this stuff has 3 different layers? like a base coat, paint, and then clear coat? or something like that? do you think that would make it last longer?

I had rust on my GP on the rocker sill panels. I thought about using bondo,fibreglass, and great stuff. But I thought of a better idea, I bought some metal (pre bent), I cut it, screwed it onto the body, primed it, and painted it black.

k update! on the 5th coat of chameleon color paint, i read the can and it says "DO NOT apply more than 2 light coats of paint" so i was like, shit.. aparently its just a translucent liquid stuff that you only have to spray just a little bit on? k well i put WAAAY too much on! so it looks like im gonna have to buy another $4 can of base coat, and then another $8 can of paint. they try selling their 'klear' coat for 4 bucks for 6 ounces, while there is a 11 ounce can of 'clear' coat for like 4 cents less right next to it on the paint rack. so yeah, theres another 13 bucks gone, so far ive only had enough to paint the center console thing (no the gray part by the shifter) but like the whole maroon outer covering, and the glove box door (the thing that opens and closes) i think im gonna need a couple more cans of base coat and a couple more cans of paint to do the dashpad and the plastic by the AC controls and shit, this is going to be a little expensive! but its worth it, it looks pretty good. the only colors they had that would look good in my car was copper to green, which kinda looks like maroon. for some reason all of the paints had green in them. so yeah im gonna have to re-do almost the whole console plastic and ALL of the glove box door... oh well, lesson learned, now that i know to put about 10 times less paint on i guess the cans will go alot farther!