Muffler In out size

89Cutlass

• 5 years later...

ok well no sense posting new when this was never answered. I replaced all of my exhaust on my 1994 cutlass supreme and i want to get some nice tailpipes so i need to know what size OD the outlets are on my mufflers, some people say 2.25, or 2.50 and even 2 which i doubt. Thanks

ok well no sense posting new when this was never answered. I replaced all of my exhaust on my 1994 cutlass supreme and i want to get some nice tailpipes so i need to know what size OD the outlets are on my mufflers, some people say 2.25, or 2.50 and even 2 which i doubt. Thanks

I'm not sure about the original tips, but, FWIW when I bought and fitted my chrome tips, tips for 2.25" exhaust fit snugly over the originals.

Thank you very much as i am tired of tripping over my tacky tips lol, also they like to rub the curb when i back when i back into parking spots lol

What do yours look like? I'll try to find a picture of mine. RedGTP's tips look great, they are my favorite so far. Maybe by Venom IIRC. Hold on...

The least favorite thing about mine is the discoloration. Since the two inside tips are just for appearance, the two on the outside are rusted while the two inside tips look new. I'm going to buy Yan's tips someday though.

100_2131.jpg

looks 100% better than my single tips that i have on mine right now. They were only temps till i got tips but are rusting, dented, and tacky lol

Mine are four seperate single tips. Yan's are two duals IIRC. I don't think I saved a picture of his car, but they look great.

Scott, your mufflers hang too low.

At least the mufflers back were replaced in 12/05 or 1/06 so they are not stock. I haven't really thought about fixing it but I figure the lower they hang the less black will be on my paint from them being so close to the paint.

Jake, I bought it on eBay. It was pretty pricey at $35 though.

that is a bit pricey, but better than anything i could find. everything had the newer olds logo on them :puke:. i might have to look into those if i feel like blowing some money sometime

that is a bit pricey, but better than anything i could find. everything had the newer olds logo on them :puke:. i might have to look into those if i feel like blowing some money sometime

Then you have to ship it to AWeb so he can engrave credits to me on it :mrgreen: :lol:

Its a 2 inch pipe. Not 2.25 and definatly not 2.5. I believe all first gens (at least the early ones) have 2 in mufflers... but the 3.4 pipes are 2.25 and then 2 after the Y. 3.1 pipes are 2 inches all the way.