factory cd

ripp

I found one today in a 94 cutlass convertible at a local junk yard pulled it out and it had been fixed back in 2002 at a place in fl.I know that these never work but I spent the money and got it, just put it in and plays great!!! What is a good price for cd radios if I find more?

$100+ for even NON-WORKING CD players on ebay...

Do they sell though? I mean how many people are going to spend $100+ on a 15 year old stock CD player.

Someone told me that he was able to install an MP3 mechanism from a newer Delco in his first gen CS or GP CD and it worked...

I wired up a MP3 player input.. Not quite the same, but a hella lot easier than swapping in the newer mechanism :lol:

I snagged a newer Delco CD player that goes for $100+ on Craigslist for $20 and never had any problems with it.

Newer ones (in Luminas and GP's of '94/'95+ vintage) are usually more reliable, or at least work somewhat. The older ones are the ones that are safe to assume DOA unless they've been serviced.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one for $40...didn't work and can't find anyone around here to fix it, so it's sitting on my dresser and has been since fall of 05. I scrapped the idea of doing an older CD player in my 90 and put a newer style one in. No problems with that.

I'm mostly going off what Dinunzio said but the one in my '94 doesn't work at all CD-wise and he said all the 94-03 style radios suck for that.

the early radios 89ish-94 pretty much suck, and like the others said it is safe to assume that it is dead if it has not been serviced.

the 94+ pontiac decks are problematic to say the least but generally play

the 95+ delco decks as a whole are pretty reliable

The only thing that mainly goes on the 95+ Delco decks are the bulbs. But I guess there is a way to change them out (my buddy lives close by does it with j/y radios then sells them) but I have never done it myself so I can't say.