1996 Buick Regal door lock-unlock relay

JOHNREGAL

PLEASE HELP I"M STUMPED...Been trying to locate the lock-unlock relay...Ipulled the glove box and the passengers kick panel carpet..don't see it..I went to autozone and see what a replacement looks like..probably making a dumb mistake as that is where everyone seems to think it is THANKS

it is located above the steering column, slightly to the passenger side.. it is part of the chime module, and there is a 5 wire harness that comes off of it. Unplug the 5 wire harness ONLY.

However, I advocate cutting the black wire on that 5 wire connector, and plugging it back in, as it is much safer to have locks.

well I looked all around the steering column and I don't see it..My chime module is behind the glove box next to bracket holding three relays (rear defog..heater blower) above the glove box I see a black box with a relay next to it, but it doesn't look like the replacement relay I saw at AutoZone..Still stumped??? How can they do such a good job at hiding it?

D'oh!!!!

In all the cars I looked at, the door unlock/lock relay is located under the carpet in the wiring channel on the inside of the car from the rocker panel. this relay is extra long, like 3 inches wide, it is for the regular manually switched locks, it does not control the automatic locks.

sorry, maybe that is what you were refering to?

if so, remove the trim on the edge of the doorsill and lift the carpet... you will see a black plastic channel. inside that.

I FOUND IT!!!! THAT WAS IT....UNDER THE CARPET DRIVERS SIDE UNDER A BLACK PLASTIC COVER...TOOK THE RELAY COVER AND ONE RELAY COVERED WITH RUST..THANKS FOR THE HELP I WOULD STILL BE LOOKING :biggrin: