generating a cosmetic to-do list

jwakamud

IMG_3166.jpg

so my car has a few cosmetic issues. the interior is to die for (in a bad way), the exterior looks like the factory body kit but is held on (half of it, at least) with screws drilled in random places, one of the taillights is cracked, half the clear is gone, and so on and so on. heres my to-do list (in roughly order of importance).

fix third-brake light (safety first)

take body kit screws out and see what purpose they serve. if they are necessary, put them back in and "bondo away" to cover them.

repaint car (never done that before, im kind of looking forward to trying)

do something with the interior -- seats need to at least have a seat cover on them and the sunroof cover needs some fabric (looking up from the seat, its just a metal panel, uncovered)

(im looking around for a car to donate me an interior out of -- id prefer black interior anyway)

mess around with tail lights, like, take amber out and "nightshade away".

so what do you think? for more pics,

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=72500.0

The only paint that looks bad is the paint on the body kit... Just paint them when you take them off and Presto! Good as new. And DO NOT take the pinstripe off.

no, i usually hate pinstripe because of what it does to the cleanliness of the car, but the pinstriping is necessary with gold xlaces.

so as long as im rockin the 'laces, the stripe stays

thanks for the idea about the body kit, that hadnt occurred to me. i think ill do that. i can always paint the rest if i dont like how that turns out.