Grand Prix center console in a 93 Lumina

kevinz

A while back I had the good fortune to find a Grand Prix center console and DIC out an STE at the junkyard. I pulled it, but when I went to install it in my 93 Lumina Z34, it didn't sit flush against the floor and there was a big gap there. Has anyone gotten it to fit right? If so, how did you do it? Any input is appreciated, thanks!

I'll take 'er off your hands, as I have a '92 that I really wanted to do the console swap into. :twisted: Let me know, otherwise if anyone else on here has one they'd like to sell, depending on much $$$$

yeah you're stuck with a '93+ console. A '93+ console WILL bolt onto a '88-92 floorpan, even though there'll be a small gap on the passenger side.

Maybe you can trim that area of the console? The main difference between the floor pans is the inner edge of the pass side between the seat and the dash. The '93+ "hump" extends a little further out, so the early consoles have some extra material that gets in the way. I'll try to find a pic.

yeah you're stuck with a '93+ console. A '93+ console WILL bolt onto a '88-92 floorpan, even though there'll be a small gap on the passenger side.

Maybe you can trim that area of the console? The main difference between the floor pans is the inner edge of the pass side between the seat and the dash. The '93+ "hump" extends a little further out, so the early consoles have some extra material that gets in the way. I'll try to find a pic.

I think I know what you're talking about. I dunno the year this console came out of; it was a 4-door STE and the DIC was the one with the smaller, thin buttons and the screen that displays green characters. I did find the newer style DIC with the LC D screen out of a GP at the yards last time; if i go this week, i'll see if the console is there and get it for like $8.

I did trim the current one I have a little but it isn't right.