attn:all w-body owners who hate jap car owners!!!

90lumina3.1

and your quote is wrong, its "there's no replacement for displacement." this coming from one with a small V6 and the worst V8 GM has ever made.

lol j/k, cuz your cars all still run i bet, so i have no room to talk. but we do have 3 small block chevy cars, one LT1, another 350 camaro, and a 400(6.6L) 55 bel air.

I'll add my $.02.

As far as his "qoute" I've heard it said both ways over the past 30 years, the real truth is "there is no substitute for cubic dollars". Anybody can make anything fast if they can throw enough money at it.

I have owned five 305's over the years and it is a damn good little motor. Just don't try to build one the way you would a 350 and expect it to work. They have different needs.

I have to concede to Pat that the 4100HT probably was one of the worst V-8's GM ever built or anybody else for that matter. The 267 and 262 were also a terrible waste of small block Chevy parts as well. The first Chevy V-8 was no prize either, bet ya'll thought the 265 small block in '55 was the first Chevy V-8. Nope, Chevy had a V-8 in 1917 and it was a real turd.

One last thing. Only Pontiac called their 400 a 6.6 Litre. Please tell me you didn't put a Pontiac motor in a '55 Bel Air. I like Pontiacs but that ain't right.

no, it is a chevrolet 400ci small block. it came in a 74 truck. it does have the double hump 2.02 heads, polished. also, it is a 6.6L motor. it has a set of performance pistons, its been bored to 406(.030 over), has a high lift cam(forgot the company), roller rockers by Comp Cams, an edelbrok intake, and a holley 670(altitude limited that, i wanted 770) Street Avenger Carb.

I like Jap cars.

My dad has a 92 Infiniti Q45. I hate to say it, but other than its plain, boring looks, it is 100x better built with better materials than anything GM ever came out with. Only reason I wouldn't want one is because to me, they look BLAH.

I like the 92+ Acura Legend coupes and 89-94 Nissan Maximas too.

Lexus GS is a pretty nice car too.

94-97 Honda Accords aren't too bad looking, and 98-02 Accord coupes look pretty nice. I also like the Toyota Camry Solara coupes before they went to the big googly-eyed look.

Only Jap cars I hate are the small ones that all the punk kids drive and put big wings and fart pipes on. Why do some people even waste time with a small, base model POS, domestic or foreign?

i feel so weird now, admitting that there is a car out there faster than mine :lol:

not saying that my car is faster, but a 14.78 is barely respectable by many car's standards

true, but look at what it is. its a Lumina with a comfortable ride and a fuel efficient V6

also, it is a 6.6L motor.

Yes I know but it just doesn't seem proper callin' a 400 Mouse a "6.6L" but things change don't they? I guess I better get used to it. :( I was into cars before the 400 SBC even existed, when it first came out it was ".....the worst V-8 GM ever made !", funny how that changed isn't it ? :?

I just bought an ugly-ass tercel 4dr w/ 3spd auto and NO options at all. While it is just an entry-level car i can still say it's damn-well built!!!!! First thing i noticed when i drove it is that there is not a single interior squeek. Try saying that about any w-body!! It's really easy to fix anything on it (interior or motor), it's fuel efficient, it's peppy enough (although i would never consider racing ANYONE with it), and it's real fun to drive. I used to be an only-GM guy (that's all anyone in the family bought), but know I just don't know... I might buy Toyota again for my next car.

true, but look at what it is. its a Lumina with a comfortable ride and a fuel efficient V6

Well hell, look at what our GTP is, a Grand Prix with a comfortable ride and a fuel efficient V6 (35+ mpg highway).

im a thinkin your talking about yours, in which case, you are correct it could walk me.

Hmmm....I didn't know if it could or not, I'm glad you told me. It took me a while to figure out that a car 2 full seconds faster in the 1/4 could walk you. It wouldn't walk away from you...it would RUN away from you.

Hmmm....I didn't know if it could or not, I'm glad you told me. It took me a while to figure out that a car 2 full seconds faster in the 1/4 could walk you. It wouldn't walk away from you...it would RUN away from you.

Well now you know! :) next lesson is what happens when you press down on the rubber thingy on your left!

Well now you know! :) next lesson is what happens when you press down on the rubber thingy on your left!

:!: :!:

Robby

next lesson is what happens when you press down on the rubber thingy on your left!

I already know what happens then...the shitty stock brakes get really hot (they do that at 110mph) and the car basically coasts to a stop because they are so crappy. Can't wait for the Baer Eradispeed Brake Kit and Eagle F1 tires...then the car will go fast, stop fast, and handle good. I will never say that the GTP can outbrake anyone...because it probably can't outbrake very many people. (besides the obvious semi's and such)

Hey I have a freakin 87 toyota truck with the 22r motor. so there, I have even seen a turbo kit fir it. Now thats a sleeper right?

==95GTP

my firend had a 4-runner with the turbo 22r. it was still slow, but you should see people look when this rusted cancer patient truck blows off!

I'll race ya in my rice burner.

Whats that Talon run anyways???

I have no official times other than when it was stock (14.9), I don't care to speculate really.. but your GTP is in all likelyhood about a half second quicker at this point. ;)

my firends early 90s talon TSi is pretty quick. thats the one i was raping when the bearing on cylinder #4 decided it wanted to spin. i had about 6 car lenghs between us by 120, then i stopped. off the line, that car hurls your ass in the seat. he does a quick release at 6k rpm and that little car just bolts. but it doesnt have a real strong high end liek the Z34, i mean its strong, just not nearly as strong.

heh, 1.8 second 60' on the street with street rubber are pretty easy in an AWD. You're right, in an AWD model, on the top end, they do lack a bit in stock form.. the FWDs are great on the highway though.

heh, 1.8 second 60' on the street with street rubber are pretty easy in an AWD.

Thats why you race from a 30mph roll, then the AWD isn't an advantage anymore.

Roll-on racing is for WWD and Supra owners. :P ;)