attn:all w-body owners who hate jap car owners!!!

90lumina3.1

i need to get this off my chest... i still love w-bodies... this was renewed after i went to a friends house and rode in his non-wbody 91 cav z24(3.1). it brought back so many memories that i think i want a new w-body... anyway... to the title of this thread: dont hate people w/ jap cars... not all of us are stupid little punks who rice everything out. i currently own an infiniti g20(USDM nissan primera). it has a sr20de under the hood, and it moves. i dont rice it, just as i didnt rice my lumina. i care for this car. i only bought it cause its more reliable than my lum was. i found a forum (http://www.g20.net) that appeals to all g20 and primera owners(us and overseas). there are very few who rice on there. soon, i will be investing in a turbo(t-28 or t-3/4 hybrid) in which i hope to make about 300hp. joke all you want, but the sr20 is one of the most boost resistant motors i have ever seen. it can take 600hp with minimal upgrades, and over 700 with a decent setup. i also am getting a carbon fiber hood... im getting the real thing, and not just for the look... for functionality. i wont be putting hood pins in or anything, its made for a stock latch. i find no point in anything big look wise... im choosing to get 16s next spring and they're gonna be conservative too. everyone's opinions on people with jap cars have been clouded lately, because of a few stupid people(hey, i even changed my friends mind about puttin a wing on his car :)) just thought id lay out my 2cents, even if its quite long. and about that z24... im gonna help mod it to hell...(gp turbo setup, getrag, the whole 9 yards).

-90lumina3.1(well... thats what it WAS)

P.S.- i sold my car for $250 to someone, and paid $2700 for a car thats 1 year newer... oops

Hey nothin' wrong with that. I don't like it when people spend so much time on the apperance aspect of it.. tends to be overdone and tacky. I'd love to have a car that looks plain-jane.. but could kick the ass of anyone who pulled up next to me.. now thats priceless.

All BS aside, if it's fast, or can be made fast, it's ok in my book. All the other crap that the owner installs on it that's just ricer fluff needs to go(fart cannons, Craptezzas, Washer LED's, cut springs, etc)

Keep in mind however that it's going to be the "next big thing" only after SCC & Stoopid Street drive it into the ground. Remember a few years ago, all that SCC & the like reported on was "how cool Drifting in Japan" was? How many Nissan fanboys are fapping all over the 240 & the SR20DET and the rest of the "Dorifftoooo" crowd now?

Before that, it was "JDM"ness. JDM lights...JDM gauges...JDM wheels...JDM conversions...JDM crowbars to pull your JDM head out of your JDM ass.

I shudder to think what's next....

[edit] Good kill on the G20. I had a friend who was searching high & low for one, and finally settled on a newer Maxima.

sr20de??? what the fuk is that for 1???

and for 2, you know its bullshit when he names his turbo first, then his carbon fiber hood. look, they arent that great. i pulled my hood the otehr day, and it dont weigh that much. not that much at all. i did it by myself too. aand i aint no weight lfter. i maxxed out at my high school gym the other day at just over 135 at the bench press.

it can take 600hp with minimal upgrades, and over 700 with a decent setup

so can a LS6, its just you dont need a turbo to get it there.

Hey nothin' wrong with that. I don't like it when people spend so much time on the apperance aspect of it.. tends to be overdone and tacky.

Exactly, I don't care what you do to your car if its got power...its the big spoilers, non-painted CF hoods, 18 inch wheels, and type r stickers all on a 95hp civic that I don't like. If you had a stock looking civic that made 400hp I would respect you, and if you wanted to take that 400hp civic and put a wing and big wheels and stickers all over it, go ahead I'm not gonna stop you, the car is 400hp. Am I going to like the car...no...but I am going to respect it.

Hey nothin' wrong with that. I don't like it when people spend so much time on the apperance aspect of it.. tends to be overdone and tacky. I'd love to have a car that looks plain-jane.. but could kick the ass of anyone who pulled up next to me.. now thats priceless.

You kidding? Those types are for the "come take me on" factor.

I feed on that... constantly.

With the added weight, added air drag, and added BS they talk, it's great to be the first to the line with a stocker.

A 'sleeper' is a beautiful thing... only the true gear-heads know what's really powering your car.

Plus, it's always good for the Import ego when a domestic sedan slowly creeps aways after gunning it at the start line.

- Erik

im choosing to get 16s next spring and they're gonna be conservative too.

sure that aint overkill??? :roll:

On a Sentra, it is

even his 600 or 700hp one?

i-1_B.JPG

i-11_B.JPG

i-2_B.JPG

You know my ex girlfriends mom got a good 120,000 miles out of her '93 Sentra before she junked it

You know my ex girlfriends mom got a good 120,000 miles out of her '93 Sentra before she junked it

WOW!!! 120,000 miles!!! Wouldn't it be great if domestic cars could last that long. :roll:

A 'sleeper' is a beautiful thing... only the true gear-heads know what's really powering your car.

Plus, it's always good for the Import ego when a domestic sedan slowly creeps aways after gunning it at the start line.

Exactly...do you know how many civics, integra's, impreza's, etc... pull up next to the GTP revving, and then when the light turns green they go WTF???, this completely stock looking Pontiac just pulled 10 cars on me by 60??? It is priceless to see their face at the next intersection when they are trying to figure out WTF just happened.

[quote="Redfox340A 'sleeper' is a beautiful thing... only the true gear-heads know what's really powering your car.

even then, ive had very few people not laugh at me when i say its a Lumina, but a special one.....

oh, and brain P, my car got 127k b4 it went to hell, but im sure hers was still running, unlike someone heres.......

Exactly...do you know how many civics, integra's, impreza's, etc... pull up next to the GTP revving, and then when the light turns green they go WTF???, this completely stock looking Pontiac just pulled 10 cars on me by 60??? It is priceless to see their face at the next intersection when they are trying to figure out WTF just happened.

then they notice the lumina that was right beside that GTP 8)

WOW!!! 120,000 miles!!! Wouldn't it be great if domestic cars could last that long. :roll:

Yeah, considering my '90 felt like it was just breaking in at 120k lol. who coined the idea that imports last so long?

oh, and brain P, my car got 127k b4 it went to hell, but im sure hers was still running, unlike someone heres.......

No, that sentra was plagued with engine problems for a couple years, mechanic literally gave up. It was maintained cherry too

then they notice the lumina that was right beside that GTP

And then the guy in the guy in the GTP notices the lumina and nails the gas and leaves the lumina in the dust.

No, that sentra was plagued with engine problems for a couple years, mechanic literally gave up. It was maintained cherry too

hey were talking about the sentra, not my car :lol:

yah this GTP only had an intake, and his gas was nailed and his performance shift bs button was on!

yah this GTP only had an intake, and his gas was nailed and his performance shift bs button was on!

And that GTP wouldn't have pulled 10 cars on them by 60, and that would be why the lumina was beside him...but that is not the GTP I am talking about. The GTP I am talking about, could walk all over your lumina at any speed.

BUT ANYWAYS...back to the original topic...Jap cars!

RiceBurner=Any Jap car no mod needed.

Riced Out=Any Jap car with body mods engine mods etc.

Justification for buying a RiceBurner=None avaliable

Sorry guys but before I would go rice I would go to a british or a Italian made car.

and your quote is wrong, its "there's no replacement for displacement." this coming from one with a small V6 and the worst V8 GM has ever made.

lol j/k, cuz your cars all still run i bet, so i have no room to talk. but we do have 3 small block chevy cars, one LT1, another 350 camaro, and a 400(6.6L) 55 bel air.

Yes 305s arent as strong as 350s.I am in the process of building a 350 4 bolt main it will be a stroker 383 for the monte.Here some info on the 305 heads that might be useful if you build that 350 or 400sb.The 305HO heads have bigger valves then a 350 or 400 heads.My self im leaning toward 327 doublehump heads with 202 vaves or a set of Dart Heads.

As far as my quote its all good. :D